PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gresh/Zo: Troy Brown likely headed to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Troy Brown likely headed to Cleveland

Is that true? Where did you read that? I did not see it in Patriot Reign or Education of a Coach...maybe I just missed it.

A local reporter on TV said Bill said it too him, I remember seeing it before I moved to Pittsburgh. Those weren't his exact words, but I remember thinking that must have been why EVERYONE was running the ball down our throats !

Interesting trivia that Troy was on the Patriots through 5 Super Bowl appearances

He was on the inactive list in two of those games.

He was active in three of them.

Anyone care to guess what our record was in those games? ;)

WEEI reported on my way home tonight on a flash update that Troy has had interest from several teams including Cleveland and Detroit. They are reporting he is only interested in playing for a team who WILL NOT play the Patriots this season...

Don't go to Detroit, Troy! That team is seriously effed up...

Im going to truly miss Brown after he's gone. And I hope to he doesnt get picked up by Cleveland, strictly for selfish reasons because I dont want to see him in another uni. But if he still wants to play, and he can, then more power to him. Who am I to hope he doesnt make a team? I just dont see him doing much if anything at all with a team like Cleveland, where he'd be behind about 5 or 6 other playmakers on that team. I could see him possibly being a 5th receiver, but that's about it. And Brady doesnt hang guys out to dry like most QBs in this league. So, if he does make that team and see action, at the very least Id hope his QBs look out for him and he stays healthy.

Some of my best memories of past SB wins involve Troy Brown. Two simple moments, both actually each BEFORE the 38 and 39 SBs where Brown provided the pregame interview. I forget what exactly he had to say on each occasion, something very simple and not incredibly prophetic, but his words had me about ready to run through a brick wall.

In the SB against Carolina, Brown took a knee to the face by DE Mike Rucker very early in the game, had his nose broken, and of course that thing swelled up like a balloon. And he didnt miss a beat. Played almost the entire game. And Im sure he wouldnt want alot of credit for doing so, but when one of your lead guys is handling a shot like that without a problem, it trickles down. Troy Brown always struck me as a guy who was a better leader than anything else. It'll be a sad, sad day when he moves on.

Good player Great career...not sad to see him go. At this point in his career the only CB Troy Brown could consistent get separation from in the NFL is probably the one and only Ellis Hobbs.:D

Andre Tippet is still standing. How about John Hannah? No one gave more of their body than Grogan did. How about him? Let's just carry around everyone who has meant so much to the Pats. Troy has meant a lot but you're a new fan or you have a short memory if you think he's meant more than some of the other Pats who've retired. Everybody gets replaced at some point.

Troy means more to me than any of those players, and has done more for the Pats, too, in my opinion.

Nice hyperbole, but I don't think anyone is suggesting that anyone else be "carried around". This issue may be a bit more pertinent to Brown than Hannah seeing that Troy was on the team 6 effing weeks ago.

Edit: that all being said, it doesn't mean that I necessarily think Troy should come back tp the Pats next year, nor do I fault him for going elsewhere to play. My main point in all of this is Troy has been a huge part of the Pats' success and I think it's OK to mourn his loss from the team.

Last edited:

Troy means more to me than any of those players, and has done more for the Pats, too, in my opinion.

Nice hyperbole, but I don't think anyone is suggesting that anyone else be "carried around". This issue may be a bit more pertinent to Brown than Hannah seeing that Troy was on the team 6 effing weeks ago.

Edit: that all being said, it doesn't mean that I necessarily think Troy should come back tp the Pats next year, nor do I fault him for going elsewhere to play. My main point in all of this is Troy has been a huge part of the Pats' success and I think it's OK to mourn his loss from the team.

I don't agree that he's done more than the others but as you said, "in my opinion". I'm not trying to trivialize what he's done either.

My point is that if BB doesn't think he can carry his weight anymore, it's time to move on. Emotion doesn't play into it. If the Pats don't think he can carry his weight on the team (meaning earn a spot), then to keep him would be "carrying him around".

I never said that people can't mourn his loss but the posts blaming BB for making the tough decisions, are emotional at best. Troy's decision to play is based on his own needs and not the needs of the Pats. I'd be more than happy to carry him on the payrolls if it didn't affect the Pats cap/roster spot until he was 90 years old but that's not reality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back