PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gresh/Zo: Troy Brown likely headed to Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Troy Brown likely headed to Cleveland

Again I’m referring solely to the #4th WR spot.

Neither of the above should be considered locks for that spot, thus still leaving Troy in the mix.
?????? Of course not. You keep saying that as if someone is saying that there could be a lock for the bottom fifth of the roster.

Players either make the 53 or they don't. Once on the 53, they sometimes play a lot of positions.

It isn't like there is a matrix that teams will out. #4 RB. #5RB. Wait. He's not an RB. He's the kick returner.

What I'm trying to say it that teams do not necessarily carry 5 WRs, numbered 1-5.

If a three STers and a punt returner and a kickoff returned who all play WR with a high degree of efficiency, do you think the team will carry in addition five more WRs because they have "spots" to fill?

Of course not.

We have a ton of WRs who will make the team, including Washington and Jackson. Yeah, they play STs, but if a WR goes down and a replacement is needed, they could play.

There is not need to add a guy just so BB can say, "We need a guy to put in the 4th WR spot and Washington and Jackson don't count because I need them for STs."

That's all.

Look at the big picture.

On paper we carried, what? only 3 DEs? Is that enough? No, but Wright and Smith could play NT and DE, so there wasn't a need for a 4th DE.

And no one said, "Wilfork and Wright and Smith don't count as Des because they made the team as NTs."

That's all I'm trying to say. Don't look at positions and try to fill each block. Look at the makeup of the team and see who can play where.

That's it, dude. If you still can't understand, and say that Troy Brown will make the team because Washington and Jackson aren't locks for the 4th WR spot, I will say, "God bless you and watch over you."

All you've managed to do in that long post is go on tangents that everyone was already fully aware of.

Stop recycling yourself.

Troy was brought back last year because Belichick has a sentimental streak. His contributions to the team were almost non-existent. It's not likely that he will be better this coming year than in 2007. If he does play well for the Browns, that's great, but the Patriots are right if they told him there is no place for him in 2008.

Last edited:

His contributions to the team were almost non-existent. .

Actual he did contribute a botched punt off his facemask two days before Crhistmas.

It's a constant refrain on this board, whenever a favorite player hits the end of his career: "let him retire and join the coaching staff!" As if coaching is just a pasture to be put out to, an easy way to stay with the team but avoid the physical grind of playing in the NFL. And as if the qualities that make a guy a good teammate and leader are identical to the qualities that make a successful coach. (Of course, the post you were responding to took it to a new level with the brilliant assumption that Troy would have joined the coaching staff if Bob Kraft weren't too cheap to hire him! :rolleyes:)

Coaching is an incredible grind with preposterous hours and a punishing travel schedule at much, much lower wage scale. IMO any player with a young family would be nuts to throw himself into that straight out of a long, lucrative playing career. Take a little time to enjoy your well-earned retirement, then assess your options.

Oh and Troy, you're awesome. Best of luck to you in all you do.

Very well put, thanks for expanding on my thoughts.

Troy was brought back last year because Belichick has a sentimental streak. His contributions to the team were almost non-existent. It's not likely that he will be better this coming year than in 2007. If he does play well for the Browns, that's great, but the Patriots are right if they told him there is no place for him in 2008.

He came off of knee surgery......while he was a healthy scratch at years end - I would not count Troy Brown out quite yet.

With a full year to heal up, he just may find that great route running ability due to his quickness and elusiveness that is Troy Brown is back. If that happens, there sure is room for him.

Is corn beef kosher or Irish?

A big debate at work on that subject.

Depends who you ask. Some people say it came from Ireland, others say that the Irish borrowed the idea from Jews in NYC.

To answer your specific question, it can be made kosher or non-kosher depending upon if the meat used to make it is kosher or not. A kosher corned beef sandwich would have no dairy on it.

Nowadays you can tell if it's Irish or Jewish depending upon if the meal is drunk or cheap.

Depends who you ask. Some people say it came from Ireland, others say that the Irish borrowed the idea from Jews in NYC.

To answer your specific question, it can be made kosher or non-kosher depending upon if the meat used to make it is kosher or not. A kosher corned beef sandwich would have no dairy on it.

Nowadays you can tell if it's Irish or Jewish depending upon if the meal is drunk or cheap.

can u please tell me what dose kosher meen how do u make it kosher please i all was wanted to know

Like Brett Favre before last season, eh?

You are equating the skill set of a QB vs a WR or a slot receiver? I think that
I could cover TB he is so slow. Coming off his injury I can't fathom that he
could be competitive as any kind of receiver. He was slower than dirt before
he was injured. Give it up!

can u please tell me what dose kosher meen how do u make it kosher please i all was wanted to know

I'll assume that's a sincere question.

All plants are kosher. Most fish is kosher. Shellfish and non-scaley fish are not kosher. Only non-predator birds are kosher. For mammals, only animals animals with split hoofs that chew their cud are kosher: cattle, goats, deer and antelope. To be considered kosher, these animals have to be killed in a certain way under the supervision of a rabbi. Meat and dairy cannot be combined (no cheeseburgers); religious jews have separate utensils and plates for meat and dairy. Very religious jews will only eat in restaurants certified to be kosher, which there are very few of in most parts of the world.

I used to keep kosher. It's a total hassle and near impossible to do when traveling.

I'll assume that's a sincere question.

All plants are kosher. Most fish is kosher. Shellfish and non-scaley fish are not kosher. Only non-predator birds are kosher. For mammals, only animals animals with split hoofs that chew their cud are kosher: cattle, goats, deer and antelope. To be considered kosher, these animals have to be killed in a certain way under the supervision of a rabbi. Meat and dairy cannot be combined (no cheeseburgers); religious jews have separate utensils and plates for meat and dairy. Very religious jews will only eat in restaurants certified to be kosher, which there are very few of in most parts of the world.

I used to keep kosher. It's a total hassle and near impossible to do when traveling.
wow thank you for the info

1) Care to expand on this ludicrous statement?

2) Troy is done, completely done. He is old, slow, and needs to retire. To suggest
anything else is burying your head in the sand and wishing things were the way
they "used to be." There is no room for sentiment in the NFL. When it's your
time, you go. I can't fathom, even for TB, that they would waste a roster spot
on him another year.

1) Troy was inactive for the final regular-season game vs the jints, when the opportunity was there for the NEP to break the single-season record, held by the donkeys, of most players scoring at least one TD. That record meant more to me than Moss' bogus record.

2) Troy was also inactive for the SB, when he should have instead been leading his teammates out of the runway during pre-game introductions.

1) Troy was inactive for the final regular-season game vs the jints, when the opportunity was there for the NEP to break the single-season record, held by the donkeys, of most players scoring at least one TD. That record meant more to me than Moss' bogus record.

Why do you consider Moss's record bogus? Because they forced the issue?

Why do you consider Moss's record bogus? Because they forced the issue?

Because what took Moss 16 games to accomplish, Rice did in only 12 due to the 1987 strike.

Besides, I prefer team records to individual ones.

Because what took Moss 16 games to accomplish, Rice did in only 12 due to the 1987 strike.

Yes, Rice did do it in 12 games .... but wasn't he playing against scrubs in some of those games ? I think we should review all the games where Rice caught TD's while scrubs were on the field anywhere and subtract them from the total. That point has as much weight as your claim ! As in NONE ;-)

Yes, Rice did do it in 12 games .... but wasn't he playing against scrubs in some of those games ? I think we should review all the games where Rice caught TD's while scrubs were on the field anywhere and subtract them from the total. That point has as much weight as your claim ! As in NONE ;-)

http://sports.aol.com/fanhouse/2007/12/31/jerry-rices-22-tds-in-1987-randy-moss-23-tds-in-2007/2
Ref.: Post #24

Rice played zero games against replacement players.

1.) The record isn't for games, but for seasons.

2.) There was a situation where a player in game shape (Rice) feasted on a bunch of players who weren't really in condition to play football. Where was the asterisk for Rice's accomplishment in the first place?

Actually Moss did it in 13 games, 3 TDs were called back by the refs. 26 TDs he should have had on the season.

It is utter blasphemy that Troy Brown would put on a uniform other than the Pats.

Sign the guy already. He is our hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back