PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Gregg Easterbrook thinks the pats may be cheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
He doesn't have an Ivy League diploma. I don't know where you got that from.

I would be shocked if anyone with a degree from an Ivy League school currently works for ESPN. SHOCKED

Chris Berman graduated from Brown University............

Chris Berman - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Casablanca_Renault-SHOCKED.jpg

Doug Glanville...Marcellus Wiley..off the top of my head...

Last edited:
Tmq

Gregg Easterbrook: Tuesday Morning Quarterback: The Patriots again have all the answers, even for the elements - ESPN

i have stopped reading tmq for a while but today i saw that it was a pats heavy intro and decided to start reading. he gives accolades upon accolades to pats and bb but as always ends with

All the above make New England the NFL's best team of the moment -- the only on-field criticism I can think of is they may be peaking too soon. But this being the Patriots, there's a dark side. In 2007, Belichick admitted to years of what seemed to everyone except him as cheating. If New England returns to the Super Bowl, the sports world might have to relive Spygate -- including the unresolved questions of why Belichick wouldn't come clean until forced, and why he never really apologized. If the Patriots win this year's Super Bowl, people might wonder if they are cheating still. Probably not, but considering the elaborate, systematic nature of their previous clandestine efforts, this can't be ruled out. Many football enthusiasts, including in the league front office, might not mind if the Patriots are knocked off early in the playoffs, and Spygate: The Sequel doesn't happen.

i guess easterbrook still hasnt discoverd what he claimed he had proof for before

The worst thing about all of this is that the league continues to allow the press and other blathering mediots and reportards to continue throwing our the "Cheat" canard.

There was NO cheating. The NFL NEVER accused New England of cheating. The Patriots & Coach were fined for a violation of the NFL Operations Manual, and NOT the Game Rules.

It is NOT illegal to "steal" an opponents signals. It is NOT illegal to tape them. It was WHERE the camera was positioned that was in violation of the NFL Operations Manual.

Respects,

of course, nattering ninnies like Bunnybrook just stand there with their fingers in their ears screaming nonny nonny nu nu...I can't hear you. I'll tell you this...I have personally invited him here to R.I. for a 1 on 1 interview. He won't even set foot in the 6 state region. I sent him a letter promising round trip first class airfare in and out of Greene in Warwick and dinner at the Capitol Grille, in exchange for a one on one interview and he declined. When I sent another letter promising the same thing in NYC, with the same parameters, he agreed to find a time slot on his schedule to accomodate. Further attempts met with "not available at this time" form letter responses from S.I.

Re: Tmq

i guess easterbrook still hasnt discoverd what he claimed he had proof for before

Easterbrook is one of those guys that believes his eyes provided him all the "proof" he needed. He's an @$$-clown, no way around that.

I don't think using phrases such as "secretly videotaping" and saying "I'm not attempting to minimize what the Patriots did wrong. Roger Goodell was right to take away a first-round pick and whack the Pats $750,000 for the misdeed." should be characterized as trying to crawl back into the Patriots' good graces.

IMHO, reading the whole article it was like he was trying to have it both ways. He said "Look at how great the Patriots are since Spygate...it had zero effect on Belichick winning!" while slipping in all the moral garbage about how wrong it was to be "secretly videotaping". He's most likely hoping Belichick will just see the good parts of what he wrote and talk to him again.

And why does anyone on this site care what Gregg Easterbrook has to say? I stopped reading him in 07 with his stupid Good vs. Evil article. If he's constantly bashing the team, why bother getting worked up over what he has to say? It's like reading that douche Mike Lupica.

And if you ask Easterbrook to offer up a FACTUALLY ACCURATE description of SpyGate on the spot he could not do it. This is why I get so angry at NFL writers like Peter King. Their mis/disinformation agendas when it comes to SpyGate has given know nothing morons like Easterbrook cover to write their pablum.

The worst thing about all of this is that the league continues to allow the press and other blathering mediots and reportards to continue throwing our the "Cheat" canard.

There was NO cheating. The NFL NEVER accused New England of cheating. The Patriots & Coach were fined for a violation of the NFL Operations Manual, and NOT the Game Rules.

It is NOT illegal to "steal" an opponents signals. It is NOT illegal to tape them. It was WHERE the camera was positioned that was in violation of the NFL Operations Manual.

Respects,

Agreed, though I still don't understand why there was such a severe punishment for it.

Agreed, though I still don't understand why there was such a severe punishment for it.

Because Roger Goodell above all else is a PR comissioner. The severe punishment was a direct result of the media witch hunt which ensued.
This is the same Commissioner of the NFL who NEVER acknowledged the 18 and 1 New England Patriots in his post game comments on the SB podium.
I have never forgotten or forgiven that outrageous slight of the '07 Patriots and I hope one day (maybe this February) that gets thrown right back on his face in front of a world wide audience.

In 2007, Belichick admitted to years of what seemed to everyone except him as cheating.

Think I'm losing the plot on this one. Can someone remind me what BB admitted to ? Don't understand the reference to "years" of cheating. I thought this was all about one game against the Jets in 2007. What "years" of cheating is this sack of **** referring to :confused:

Last edited:
It's funny, I was reading that column earlier today - I saw Easterbrook's name and assumed it was going to be another hatchet job on the Pats - and was shocked to see it so complimentary to the Patriots. I got busy with something else and didn't finish reading it; I didn't realize till now he included that last paragraph.

Re-reading it now, its about 98% very complimentary of the Patriots. And as much as it pains me to say this, Easterbrook does have one valid point in that last paragraph: if the Patriots go to the Super Bowl, SG is going to be brought up again, over and over during the time between the AFCCG and the Super Bowl. He is also probably correct when he says that there are some, even in the NFL front office, who would prefer the Pats not go to the Super Bowl simply to avoid the subject of SG being brought up.

On the other hand, Easterbrook did slyly interject some major speculation masked as fact in that last paragraph, for which he should be called out, when he say if "the Patriots win this year's Super Bowl, people might wonder if they are cheating still. Probably not, but considering the elaborate, systematic nature of their previous clandestine efforts, this can't be ruled out."

It was a guy on the sideline with a camera; that's neither elaborate nor is it clandestine.

I have a feeling the more the Pats keep winning, the more writers like those we have seen this past week or so (King, Easterbrook, Sando) are going to dust off their old SG stories on a regular basis.

yes, which is why us fans can be better prepared this time to shine the light on the truth and how things have been twisted and misrepresented by some in the media. What chokes me is to find those smears being taken as a gospel and repeatedly quoted by the other columnists.

Smearing us might be a great way for those websites to generate interest and earn more $. Fair enough, this great free country of ours gives everyone the right to earn money as long as it is legal and so I have no problems with that.

But why should the wronged party keep quiet and allow the slurs to escalate??

I hope our PR is better prepared this time to offset these aggravating slanders.

If I was heading the Pats PR, I will take the gunpowder out these few columnists by moderting a public discussion and point out the errors and faults of these theories to the point of embarassing those columnists who wrote them. Let that discussion - hard, cold, blunt - expose the fact that they have purposefully ignored or failed to grasp the reality. That would stop others trying to pull up cameragate again just to spite us and worse, reveal that some of these incompetent columnists might have a hidden agenda.

In 2007, Belichick admitted to years of what seemed to everyone except him as cheating.
Think I'm losing the plot on this one. Can someone remind me what BB admitted to ? Don't understand the reference to "years" of cheating. I thought this was all about one game against the Jets in 2007. What "years" of cheating is this sack of **** referring to :confused:
Belichick and the Patriots readily acknowledged they had been videotaping in a similar fashion since 2001.

Belichick and the Patriots readily acknowledged they had been videotaping in a similar fashion since 2001.
Yes, but I wasn't aware that it was illegal until the 2006 memo, hence it wasn't cheating. End of the day stealing signals has never been an issue. As of 2006 it only became one if you did it from the sidelines.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye