Status
Not open for further replies.

HowardRoark

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
I guess Salas cleared waivers.

https://twitter.com/MikeReiss/status/248560208455036928

Rotoworld has this to say:
Salas pass through waivers unclaimed after surprisingly being cut loose on Tuesday. He'll provide some youthful insurance for the Patriots' veteran receiver corps, but only one year removed from making 27 catches in six games as a fourth-round rookie, the Pats could have a hard time keeping him on the practice squad.

All those devastated by the "loss" of the 2015 7th-rd draft choice,can now:Sleep the Sleep of the Just:eat3:

Guess he's PS eligible then...or one big ass fine and draft pick lost when Goodell finds out!

Beats the hell outta the useless trash that Bill had previously kept on the PS at WR.
I wouldn't be surprised if Salas is earning more than the minimum to stay here, either.

I'm happy about this move, I just have a feeling about this guy, If the Pats can make Edelman a somewhat productive receiver, I think this guy is more talented, receiving skills wise. Hopefully he sticks around, gets in some game action this year, and gets a full training camp next year to see what we really have with this guy.

Not sure if I missed it somewhere, but who was booted off the PS to make room for Salas?

They may look to add Rivera back on as well.

Rivera is not eligible. He has already spent 3 years on practice squads, which is the limit.

According to ESPN Boston, not eligible to return.

I expect Salas to return shortly as soon as they can cut Hoomanawanui.

Not sure if I missed it somewhere, but who was booted off the PS to make room for Salas?

No mention in the Boston media as yet.

I was as eager to judge/see Salas' upside as I was Demp. Glad to hear he made PS.

I was wondering the same thing; apparently still not announced as of yet.
My guess would be that Kerry Taylor goes, if for no reason other than the fact that he and Salas are both wide receivers.

Sept 1-2: Pats sign TE Alex Silvestro, RB Eric Kettani, LB Jeff Tarpinian, WR Sam Kirkland, G Thomas Austin, T Matt Kopa, DB Malcolm Williams and FB James Develin to Practice Squad.

Sept 4-5: RB Eric Kettani and WR Samuel Kirkland cut from PS; WR Kerry Taylor and OL Jeremiah Warren signed to PS.

Sept 12: TE Alex Silvestro cut; S Cyhl Quarles signed.

Sept 20: ??? cut; WR Greg Salas signed.

I was as eager to judge/see Salas' upside as I was Demp. Glad to hear he made PS.

I think Salas will be back on the roster shortly. Hoomanawanui did
not look good on Sunday but they have to keep him on the roster for 3 games.

Hey! Hey! People on the PS have moms and dads too!

I wish them well, but let them earn a living on someone else's PS.

As for Salas, I would rather that he stay on the PS and that Gaffney is re-signed as soon as
he's healthy enough to immed contribute. This shouldn't be On The Job training any longer.

Taylor officially cut.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye