PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Olsen TE 4.47 40 yd

Status
Not open for further replies.
update. he TORE IT UP in the catching drill..while Zach Miller struggled.

still caught the ball with his body. the first two caught with his body and the last two with his HANDS.

Olsen at the very least should be a good special teamer

I just think the combine is an over-rated way to drive the stock up or down of certain players.

I just think the combine is an over-rated way to drive the stock up or down of certain players.

It has helped for some players with good 40 times, but that doesn't mean they'll be better players. Just means teams are more enticed by speed and potential.

Olsen at 28! Who needs a receiver when you can draft a tight end? :)
*tongue firmly in cheek*

I think Olsen is the best prospect at TE in this years class, BUT i dont see TE as a priority for us in the first round and that is where Olsen is going to go in the draft. I really like David Thomas and i think he could become Bradys go to guy starting next year. And dont forget about Garrett Mills making some contributions next season after he "redshirted" this past season. I feel we should go heavy on defense in day 1 of the draft with the exception of a WR if the value is right. Day 2 i think early in round 4 we can look at RB, maybe a Brandon jackson from Nebraska a possibility but other than that we should go all defense.

Remix,

when did Miami have a good running game last year? They didn't. Vernon Davis had great speed at the combine and he wasn't too impressive this season.

Very true. Hope he goes before our pick comes up.

Last edited:
Secondly his lateral movement isn't very good and he doesn't catch with his hands. He catches with his body too much. JMO

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Please oh pleas sit down. You have no idea what you are talking about. Olsen could possible have the best hands in the entire draft.

update. he TORE IT UP in the catching drill..while Zach Miller struggled.

Dear MR. Remix 6,
I read in this thread that you know his family. Would you please deliver a message for me? Please tell them that it would be a great opportunity for the Pats to get Greg @28. I would not pick him @24 because of other needs, but I would be jacked @28. So many guys are always down on BB because he drafts TEs. I a sick of that. They can support a SB run but hate him when a TE is drafted he wants? Greg Olsen would be awesome on the Pats and I hope we get him @ 28 if he is not gone.
Sincerely,
Digger

P.S. If our Oline switched to a zone blocking scheme to help Moroney with the use of a FB in Evans and Mills, then the total TE blocking scheme would not be as important. I do agree Olsen is better than Watson.

Olsen at 28! Who needs a receiver when you can draft a tight end? :)
*tongue firmly in cheek*

Tongue out of cheek, I could not have said it better.

At that speed, why are you p*ssing and moaning about his blocking as a TE? Think of him as a WR (which we definately need). How many 5'10'' 185 ILB CB can jam him off the line...hhhmmmm...that would be about...none!

I go to UM and I'd the first to say he's a bit overrated.

what's your assessment on merriweather?

i watch every Miami game and i say he isnt overrated. Look at Mr. QB Wright!

Give us detail at least..you arent proving anything by saying "hes overrated"

How overrated is Greg? People had him going 2nd round and it was between him and Miller. Now Greg solidified round 1 where he was preseason

what's your assessment on merriweather?

Meriwhether is someone I would love to take if he's available, provided he's passes BB/Pioli muster with regard to the perceived character issues. He can hit hard, and is solid in coverage. IIRC he even lined up at CB a few times... I want to say against Louisville (Urrutia) but I might be mistaken.

How overrated is Greg? People had him going 2nd round and it was between him and Miller. Now Greg solidified round 1 where he was preseason

I mean, yeah, Wright sucks (all talent, what a waste... thank Coker for that one).

But I'm a little wary of Olsen because he disappears a lot for someone who is supposedly a 1st round-caliber TE. I just don't think you can blame it all on Wright.

Of course, it may also have something to do with coaching...

Meriwhether is someone I would love to take if he's available, provided he's passes BB/Pioli muster with regard to the perceived character issues. He can hit hard, and is solid in coverage. IIRC he even lined up at CB a few times... I want to say against Louisville (Urrutia) but I might be mistaken.

i think it was after the brawl where he played some CB and yeah it could be coaching..i just didnt see Greg getting many plays designed for him..Wright looked at him like 4 times a game and thats it. a lot of talent was wasted previous years...Leggett..Jenkins..Moore(suspension)

Last edited:

what did i say?huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey