Welcome to PatsFans.com

Greg K: Active Soldier Still Supporting The War

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by IcyPatriot, Jul 5, 2006.

1. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2006...r_remains_firm_supporter_iraq_war/?local_news

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

One person's opinion, whom I respect, regarding Desert Storm I do not understand the public opinion thing. I was surprised during that conflict we did not follow the troops to Bagdad and take out Saddam then, it would have been so much easier and saved a lot of grief at this time.
  3. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

I thought there is a fallacy in the argument.

The issue is what paperrwork did Mr. Kurbatoff and Mr. Sheehan sign?

I don't believe there is anything in their "paperwork" that justify their invading another country without provocation and instigation a war that is based on lies, deceptions, and cherry-picked intelligence data.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2006
  4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I'm sure there are terrorists who feel the same way about Al Qaeda's actions as Greg K. feels about America's. It takes two to tango.
  5. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +110 / 7 / -10

I believe the soldier was refering to their enlistment papers when they volunteered for the military.
  6. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Thanks Patters...for validating that there truly is a war between America and Al-Queda. All the lefty sites keep saying it's just Iraqi's protecting their country.
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2005
  7. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +285 / 5 / -8

In other news, Dog Bites Man. Film at 11.

I'm not discounting the guy, it's just not that special to be able to find a young soldier still gung ho after his return. He's got the right to say what he wants about Cindy Sheehan et al. It's just not that surprising.

It's pretty natural, but not all that significant, for the rank and file guys who return safely to resent civilian "interference" with "winning the war."

That's cool... the soldiers and marines that feel that way each have a single vote, as do other Americans. They each have a voice, probably proportionately more respected than other Americans'. But they aren't the sole drivers of military policy. Even during an unpopular war, members of the military are most likely to support fighting until victory. Occupational hazard.

The dog-bites-man story is that so many returning warriors are realizing this war is not the easily won, welcome-the-liberators, freedom-fest it was billed as.

I respect what all of them did, what all of them put on the line to do it. I respect their pure courage. I know they want to fight this war for me as well as them.

This does not, however, conclusively demonstrate that the war should continue to be fought.

PFnV
  8. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

No it doesn't not at all. But it does demonstrate that people who oppose the war should oppose it on their own grounds and not use the soldiers as pawns. The soldiers own opinion of the war is their right...I think it's wrong when the anti-war people put words in their mouths.

You say the same as to your opinion...that was all the post was for.
  9. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +97 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Last edited: Jul 6, 2006
  10. IcyPatriot

Ratings:
    +476 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Back in my golfing days...when I was in a ball busting mood...after a few holes i knew just what to say to mess up my opponent for a few holes or even the day.

I would innocently talk about some person who did not exist and the funky way they swing their club. Of course one part of thsi swing would be soething my opponent always did also. :D

So, i would then go on to say how i helped the non existant golfer...I then would watch my opponent trying it out... :rofl: it was fun.