PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg ****erson Says Rumor Branch is Changing Agents

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
JUST A RUMOR he said he'd heard. Maybe the winds will change direction soon ? :confused:

Hope so!

Sign him to an extension!

BelichickFan said:
JUST A RUMOR he said he'd heard. Maybe the winds will change direction soon ? :confused:

****erson is a fool but I hope he is right on this one. If DB is infact changing his agent, the Pats should sign him immediately to whatever he wants just to spite the previous guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
BradfordPatsFan said:
****erson is a fool but I hope he is right on this one. If DB is infact changing his agent, the Pats should sign him immediately to whatever he wants just to spite the previous guy.

LOL, yeah, that would be funny. It would also set an interesting precedent. Agent, don't mess with us, we'll make you look bad.

The move could indeed provide the impetus needed to bring both sides together in a face saving move.

upstater1 said:
LOL, yeah, that would be funny. It would also set an interesting precedent. Agent, don't mess with us, we'll make you look bad.

You know something? That, more than playing hardball, could genuinely strike fear in agents' hearts.

Say this word gets out among the players: When you hit a contract impasse with the Patriots, the thing to do is switch agents. Then the team will be willing to cave in to your demands because it won't look like the agent won, see?

If that's what the players think, the agent can't dare let things reach an impasse to begin with. Wishful thinking, I suppose. But still...

He Better Not Be F'in Lying.

If Branch fires Chayut, then its a good 1st step.
The 2nd step is to get his arse into camp and start practicing.
The 3rd step is to throw Chayut under the bus and then work at getting a deal done.

Just like ****ersons rumor that Urlacher was coming to the pats. Those guys have no sources.

Last edited by a moderator:
R_T26 said:
Just like ****ersons rumor that Urlacher was coming to the pats. Those guys have no sources.
Well that was discouraging. :(

R_T26 said:

He meant Pete Urlacher, Brian's 12 year old ball-boy younger brother.

R_T26 said:
I didn't see how he said that, he definitely said it tonight like he had definitely heard a rumor though. I wouldn't totally discount it.

Maybe his rumor came from HIMSELF! :D

patsacolachick said:
LOL, seriously what a downer.

He can't be wrong all the time.

If there is such a rumor floating around I would not be surprised if it emanated from somewhere deep inside Gillette - either to rattle Chayut's cage or to create a little friction between him and his client.

On switching agents

DaBruinz said:
If Branch fires Chayut, then its a good 1st step.
The 2nd step is to get his arse into camp and start practicing.
The 3rd step is to throw Chayut under the bus and then work at getting a deal done.

Switching agents is the only thing a holding-out player can do to re-gain my respect. It's a way of saying "I wanted to play for the Pats, and this stupid agent didn't get it." Benjamin Watson did this two years ago IIRC, thereby getting back on my good side. I would offer the same courtesy to Branch (letting him out of my personal doghouse) if the rumor turns out to be true.

Last edited:
Where does this rumor guy work? Local?

patsox23 said:
Where does this rumor guy work? Local?
He's the co-host of Sports Tonight on Fox Sports New England. Despite the stuff being said about him here, I like him - it's his partner Tanguay who I think is a bufoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back