PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Cosell Mock: Boise St OLB Shea McClellin & LSU DT Michael Brockers

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Greg Cosell Mock: Boise St OLB Shea McClellin & LSU DT Michael Brockers

The Brockers wank fest is pathetic. There are much better players that would help our team out much more than this guy and people can't stop creaming about Brockers.

Elite players that would help us much more than Brockers:
Mark Barron
Fletcher Cox
Shea McClellin
Chandler Jones
Janoris Jenkins
Stephen Gilmore
Dre Kirkpatrick
Whitney Mercilus
Melvin Ingram

So in short, if none of these guys are on the board when we pick at #27 and #31 then I'm happy to take Brockers
And what exactly makes Jones or Gilmore better than Brockers? All three are being drafted based on potential as opposed to college play. Gilmore especially was a worse college player than Brockers was.

Leemo, you're completely undervaluing the impact that a (potential) star 5-tech DL can have on a defense.

With everyone in the media saying BB will only trade up for Barron I think that it is 100% certain that BB will not draft Barron. Call me crazy but I don't think we will draft any 3-4 OLBs but we will draft 4-3 DEs (if you get what I mean).

Leemo, you're completely undervaluing the impact that a (potential) star 5-tech DL can have on a defense.

With everyone in the media saying BB will only trade up for Barron I think that it is 100% certain that BB will not draft Barron. Call me crazy but I don't think we will draft any 3-4 OLBs but we will draft 4-3 DEs (if you get what I mean).

I respect what you're saying but he's potential that might not ever develop. Th e players I listed have all shown more in college than Brockers has. Each one is much more of a 'sure thing' than Brockers, meaning they can contribute right away where-as Brockers will be either BOOM or total BUST.

I feel like the Defensive Line is one of the very few positions on this team that BB & Co. are comfortable with letting rookies have an impact early on. See Love, Deaderick, and Pryor. Of the players on the list you made the only people I see potentially starting from day one are Barron (due to us being incredibly weak at that position), Cox (for the same reasons Brockers would), and Melvin Ingram (for lack of talent at DE).

I feel like the Defensive Line is one of the very few positions on this team that BB & Co. are comfortable with letting rookies have an impact early on. See Love, Deaderick, and Pryor. Of the players on the list you made the only people I see potentially starting from day one are Barron (due to us being incredibly weak at that position), Cox (for the same reasons Brockers would), and Melvin Ingram (for lack of talent at DE).

Every single guy listed would be able to contribute immediately unlike Brockers.

I think Brockers would grab the DT/DE spot right next to Wilfork immediately. I don't see any of those CBs starting from day one. BB is huge on McCourty and he evidently liked what he saw from Dowling given that he started Week 1 without an off season.

Every single guy listed would be able to contribute immediately unlike Brockers.
If you think Cox can learn to two-gap in one offseason, then I'd love to hear why you don't think Brockers can. Brockers was the better run defender in college, and Belichick isn't going to play somebody in his base defense until that player shows they can handle the run-defense responsibilities of the position.

Last edited:

The problem with Brockers is that not only is he not a three down player, in today's NFL he's barely a two down player. Love him as a run stopper but BB will have to be comfortable with him developing a pass rush for him to be a Patriots first rounder I suspect.

I would love it if it happened, but saying that Brockers will be there at 31 is nothing short of idiotic.

Cosell did this based on game film and where he thinks these players should go based on game film not off the field issues etc. So he is not saying Brockers will last until pick #31. That's where he thinks he should be drafted based on game film. In no way shape or form is he predicting the draft. Do a quick follow on twitter you will gain a lot of knowledge about players.

This article was extremely well written. Greg Cosell earned a lot of respect for his analysis from we with his write ups for the most part.

Cosell did this based on game film and where he thinks these players should go based on game film not off the field issues etc. So he is not saying Brockers will last until pick #31. That's where he thinks he should be drafted based on game film. In no way shape or form is he predicting the draft. Do a quick follow on twitter you will gain a lot of knowledge about players.

31. New England: This is where Michael Brockers comes off the board.

Sounds like a mock draft to me. Oh wait, it is a mock draft posted on NFL. :rolleyes:

I could do a mock draft based on my knowledge of the players and team needs. It would look something like 27. Claiborne 31. Blackmon 48. Barron :rocker:

Last edited:

31. New England: This is where Michael Brockers comes off the board.

Sounds like a mock draft to me. Oh wait, it is a mock draft posted on NFL. :rolleyes:

I could do a mock draft based on my knowledge of the players and team needs. It would look something like 27. Claiborne 31. Blackmon 48. Barron :rocker:

Let me try to help you again:
Cosell Talks: The Mock Draft : NFL Films Blog
I will choose players based on my film study and my sense of team needs. I have no idea what different teams draft boards look like, nor will I try to speculate what a team might be thinking.The main objective of my mock is to further discuss the top players by putting them in a draft format. One other caveat: I am disregarding documented off-field problems, character issues, anything that is not a function of on-field play. I understand that teams significantly factor that into the equation, but I am solely basing my player evaluations on what’s on the tape. That’s what I do. I watch tape.

Last edited:

Let me try to help you out. A "mock" draft with so many caveats that it more closely resembles a "Top 100 list" or a "Team Needs list" than a mock draft is worthless as a said mock draft and should not be treated as one by anybody, including many posters in this thread. :bricks:

Let me try to help you out. A "mock" draft with so many caveats that it more closely resembles a "Top 100 list" or a "Team Needs list" than a mock draft is worthless as a said mock draft and should not be treated as one by anybody, including many posters in this thread. :bricks:

It's an interesting concept for a mock draft and one that I found to be worth reading. I don't understand why you would spend so much time complaining about the format when it is clearly stated. If you think it is a waste of time then just ignore it.

I think it is helpful to see where he thinks players would land just based on talent alone.

Last edited:

It's an interesting concept for a mock draft and one that I found to be worth reading. I don't understand why you would spend so much time complaining about the format when it is clearly stated. If you think it is a waste of time then just ignore it.

I think it is helpful to see where he thinks players would land just based on talent alone.

Agreed, and I think in the order of draftee consideration I would hope that Ability i.e. whatever is on the tape comes 1st in the pecking order. Of course teams value things like leadership, studies, family background etc. come into play tho

Last edited:

Pure Crap.

I beseech you: Read those reports again, Gentlemen.

Greg Cosell is a pathetic blowhard, showing up on the scene only a few weeks before the Draft, who's words read like he's simply parroting and regurgitating Reports that other Sites have created MONTHS before him...and THEN this clown actually has the shameless, sociopathic GALL to claim that HE was the Original Thinker who the OTHERS are following:

He (Shea McClellin) was one of my original diamonds in the rough, but now, as we approach the draft, everyone seems to be acknowledging what has always been there on the tape.

WHAT???

Cosell published "Diamonds in the Rough" on APRIL 10th!!

APRIL...TENTH!!

1 ~ Wes Bunting of National FootBall Post has been talking about McClellin since SEPTEMBER.

2 ~ EVERYBODY has been talking about McClellin since DECEMBER.

3 ~ This...PARASITE...joins the party on APRIL 10TH...and claims that HE led the way??? :bricks:

What a CROCK.

I'd rather listen to Mel Kiper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes