PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Bedard thinks the Pats may hide Haynesworth all preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob0729

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
He was on Toucher and Rich and he blew apart the Pompeii article claiming it was all speculation. He also said that he thinks we may not see Haynesworth again until the regular season. He theorizes (may have some inside info, but didn't claim he did) that the Pats saw what they could get from him and shut him down for the rest of training camp. He probably won't practice until the practices are closed and won't play in preseason games.

I wouldn't buy this theory, but that is exactly what the Pats did with Moss and it paid off in spades. The Jets in the opening game in 2007 didn't know what hit them and looked like they clearly didn't gameplan that Moss would even be a minor contributor. Could the Pats blindside the Dolphins with Haynesworth on September 12th?

This is more possible than Pompeii's Bill Polian (oops) dart throw.

It's a division rival so the game is important...(as all of them are, but getting the AFCE guarantees a playoff spot)

BB knows what he has in AH so it might make sense to keep him fresh and under wraps til opening day....

its more plausible.

they don't restructure both contracts after having these guys close to 2 weeks and then cut them.

This is more possible than Pompeii's Bill Polian (oops) dart throw.

In fairness to Pompei, Bedard did say these are the throw away comments writers get all the time which they throw into articles like these (with a lot of quick notes). He thinks people took the report too seriously.

When do practices start being closed?

Now THIS is a bit of pure speculation that I can get excited about!

BB already knows he wants AH on the team. He doesnt have to fight for a spot against G.Warren. BB loves DLineman.

My guess is AH is spending his time learning the playbook and working on cardio.

Last edited:
In fairness to Pompei, Bedard did say these are the throw away comments writers get all the time which they throw into articles like these (with a lot of quick notes). He thinks people took the report too seriously.

Crap is crap, serious or no.

Ok, so they are going to hide him and then cut him.

I'm sure that the media will come up with something else between now and opening day.

Hiding a 6'6 335lb man? Quite the feat.

There's no way Haynesworth will be cut.

You only switch to a 43 if you have the correct personnel. And AH is the perfect 43 DT that will be an important part of that shift to 43.

its more plausible.

they don't restructure both contracts after having these guys close to 2 weeks and then cut them.

This is the same thing I thought when I was reading the psot from yesterday that they may be cut. It just doesnt make logical sense to do that.

This is getting ridiculous.It does make u wonder why is he not on the practice field.I was getting excited about this DL with Haynesworth on it.:(I hope he is on it:mad:

Judging from the last couple of years reports, any day now. Mid August usually before they start getting serious for pre season week 3.

Typically the first practice after game 2 of the preseason. So most likely next Saturday.

Haynesworth knows how to play, and I am certain the Patriots know what he can do.

I'd rather see him rested up and well-studied in the playbook for the start of the regular season.

I have no problems at all with this approach.

Another theory is that Albert got an attitude when Ellis was signed to a 5 Mil contract.

He was on Toucher and Rich and he blew apart the Pompeii article claiming it was all speculation. He also said that he thinks we may not see Haynesworth again until the regular season. He theorizes (may have some inside info, but didn't claim he did) that the Pats saw what they could get from him and shut him down for the rest of training camp. He probably won't practice until the practices are closed and won't play in preseason games.

I wouldn't buy this theory, but that is exactly what the Pats did with Moss and it paid off in spades. The Jets in the opening game in 2007 didn't know what hit them and looked like they clearly didn't gameplan that Moss would even be a minor contributor. Could the Pats blindside the Dolphins with Haynesworth on September 12th?

So he blew apart the Pompeii speculation by doing even more speculating?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots