PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Bedard is going to have some good OL talk on 98.5 from 2-4 Tues 9/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Manning is not throwing the ball better, though he's throwing a better spiral. Has his doubts about him in the cold

Wilson, Luck, Mariotta as top 3 young "franchise" QBs

Best line so far by Felger. People are wondering why it looks so bad up front and it is pretty simple: You have a sports talk radio host coaching a tuba player. That is how Tom Brady is on his ass every other time.

Let me get this one straight: you have a sports radio talk host suggesting that the fact that our OL coach spent a year as a sports radio talk host indicates that he is incompetent?

The irony is beautiful.

Thinks Newton is terrific, stuck in a situation like Brady, with a lousy OL and weak receivers

To be fair to Goog - and I have no clue how good he is or isn't - he was fired buy the jets due to an abrasive personality and his lack of desire to talk to the media.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/20632/jets-fire-loose-cannon-line-coach

Actually he was fired because the OC who brought him in was fired. Also, I find it hard to hold it against him that he spoke out because he was forced to use a terrible player (Ducasse) just so the team didn't have to admit he was a bust.

Which I wouldn't be opposed to (nationalize sports), but it's not going to happen. Not now, probably not ever. And the owners aren't about to see their hearts grow three sizes.

Nationalizing sports? This is the worst idea imaginable and would quickly turn them into a propaganda machine for social engineering. Going to have government bureaucrats handle drafts and enforce a Michael Sam on every team for no other reason than to promote gay? Anyone who has a political opinion is at risk to be dropped out of the league? Maybe throw in a few various socio-economic and racial quotas?

You really want Diane Feinstein, John McCain, John Boehner and Obama running American sports?

rofl.

Absolute worst idea I have ever seen on this forum, and that includs the `trade Brady and keep Cassell` threads.

No need to change OT format. Play defense and get a stop

• Agree
Reactions: SVN
It's interesting to hear a "national" guy like Bedard echo what local talk show hosts on WFAN said this morning...Smith is not a franchise QB

No need to change OT format. Play defense and get a stop

The conversation about changing OT format might be interesting on its own, however it has become farcical mainly because of what triggered the entire discussion this time. Once again we have to change something because it affected Peyton negatively.

Ok, I've got to run. Someone else will have to do the passing on of Bedard's comments for a while. I hope this was helpful for some of you, and I appreciate the thanks I received from a poster earlier.

He said rumor is that Degluglielmo is not a popular guy between the players and Mankins refusing the pay cut may have to be related with this, like, "I don't wanna work with this guy".

I think the current system is just fine. However to make it completely fair I would just have them play as usual and after each two OT series, if one team is ahead that team wins. If tied, play another two series (one each). The current system is fine, though, no one should cry for a team that gave up an 80 yard TD drive to begin OT.

Brady is not going through the season if they do not clean up the mess in OL

3 up:

Hightower - even in pass coverage
Mayo - great in middle, getting better every week, 3 QB pressures
Ch Jones - all over the place ever since they got him out of the 5 technique

3 down:

Solder - 5 QB pressures, 5 bad run blocks, just.... not good
Cannon - 5 QB pressures, 1.5 stuffed runs allowed.... not good either
Hooman - just cannot run block

Bonus:
Collins - blown up in the running game, only 20 snaps

Bedard likes what he's seeing out of the defense, thinks it's legit

Good God, I miss reading Bedard in the Globe focus just about the Pats. He's the best I've ever read in that role.

Volin, on the other hand, is terrible. I'm still waiting for Vollmer to switch the guard.

Ok, I've got to run. Someone else will have to do the passing on of Bedard's comments for a while. I hope this was helpful for some of you, and I appreciate the thanks I received from a poster earlier.

Felger: Im a Jets fan.

Why are every other of my New England radio hosts Jets fans?

Actually he was fired because the OC who brought him in was fired. Also, I find it hard to hold it against him that he spoke out because he was forced to use a terrible player (Ducasse) just so the team didn't have to admit he was a bust.
I wonder how Degluglielmo feels about playing Devey? Is playing Devey BB decision?

Nationalizing sports? This is the worst idea imaginable and would quickly turn them into a propaganda machine for social engineering. Going to have government bureaucrats handle drafts and enforce a Michael Sam on every team for no other reason than to promote gay? Anyone who has a political opinion is at risk to be dropped out of the league? Maybe throw in a few various socio-economic and racial quotas?

You really want Diane Feinstein, John McCain, John Boehner and Obama running American sports?

rofl.

Absolute worst idea I have ever seen on this forum, and that includs the `trade Brady and keep Cassell` threads.

There's already one socialized NFL team and I don't recall Michael Sam playing for the Packers or Aaron Rodgers being cut for expressing a political opinion different than the majority opinion of the city of Green Bay. Meanwhile, the NFL is already deeply in bed with lawmakers due to antitrust exemptions, stadium subsidies, and so on. It's not going to convince you to take off the tinfoil hat, but you should read this article anyways

http://squarelyrooted.com/2014/09/11/nationalize-sports/

Eric Fisher and Nate Solder are battling for worst starting left tackle

Chiefs and Patriots both have struggled in their pass blocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey