PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greg Bedard is going to have some good OL talk on 98.5 from 2-4 Tues 9/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mankins would occasionally clean stuff up for Solder

But also: most of these problems would still be occurring if Mankins were here.

Mankins would occasionally clean stuff up for Solder

Don't take out of context. Felger asked Bedard if Mankins would have made a difference and Bedard said not much and then said occassionally Mankins would clean up stuff for Solder.

Chatter: OL coach not popular, may have been part of why Mankins would not renegotiate

Bedard says that the players don't like Gooch and that may have played a factor in Mankins not wanting to take a pay cut.

Maybe I'm ignorant but I cannot get why people listen to Felger and Mazz. They consistently are rated #1 for this time slot but their schitck is to be ALWAYS negative...TOWARDS EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING!

I randomly put on the station at 3:30 one day last week with the hypothesis that within 15 seconds one of the two would refer to whatever was being discussed in the negative. I was correct!

But also: most of these problems would still be occurring if Mankins were here.

Yep, and thanks for the help. I'm trying to have lunch and post this stuff at the same time.

Side note, nobody's claimed Mankins would have fixed everything, as far as I've seen. His absence is an obvious factor, though, which the homers have tried to ignore/deny/minimize.

Maybe I'm ignorant but I cannot get way people listen to Felger and Mazz. They consistently are rated #1 for this time slot but their schitck is to be ALWAYS negative..TOWARDS EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING! I randomly put on the station at 3:30 one day last week with the hypothesis that within 15 seconds one of the two would refer to whatever was being discussed in the negative. I was correct!

I hate their show, but I tune in to some of the guests, which is something I do for any of the programs. Bedard and Gasper bring info to the table, for example.

Side note, nobody's claimed Mankins would have fixed everything, as far as I've seen. His absence is an obvious factor, though, which the homers have tried to ignore/deny/minimize.

My personal opinion - and it's purely a personal opinion - is that Mankins would have helped tremendously in terms of leadership, toughness, and accountability, more than he would have helped in terms of his pure skill set at this stage of his career. I think the combined 1-2 punch of the loss of Scar and the loss of Mankins is a lot for a very young OL to absorb.

Maybe I'm ignorant but I cannot get way people listen to Felger and Mazz. They consistently are rated #1 for this time slot but their schitck is to be ALWAYS negative..TOWARDS EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING! I randomly put on the station at 3:30 one day last week with the hypothesis that within 15 seconds one of the two would refer to whatever was being discussed in the negative. I was correct!
Heh. Not everything. Felger is a major Bruins rumpswab. But other than that...

Back to Bedard:

Can't judge the rest of the offense with this line right now.

Right now, the offense is broken

Astounded how bad the fundamentals were
You are fantastic. Im at work and cant listen so I really appreciate the updates on what hes saying

This doesn't make me feel much better about Scar's replacement.

In all fairness, Scar is a very tough act to follow. He's been here for so long, he was so respected, he was the Assistant HC. I think it would be tough for anyone to step into those shoes, and 3 games is too soon to pass judgment.

This doesn't make me feel much better about Scar's replacement.

Bedard's usually got some good inside info, sadly if this is the case then this falls on the organization as a whole for not getting a better line coach in here knowing Scar was not going to be here.

I am either listening to the wrong station or have clearly forgotten how there are 3 times the amount of ads compared to actual content..

I am either listening to the wrong station or have clearly forgotten how there are 3 times the amount of ads compared to actual content..
Unfortunately, the Sports hub fall under the Radio.com world and whenever u lose an internet connection - which often happens while driving - it defaults back to 5 minutes of putrid commercials

In all fairness, Scar is a very tough act to follow. He's been here for so long, he was so respected, he was the Assistant HC. I think it would be tough for anyone to step into those shoes, and 3 games is too soon to pass judgment.

True. And it's not just his fault. I also blame whatever BB had to drink before he decided to start the season with Jordan Devey as his starting RG.

lol , devey was a tuba player in college, I'm calling him tuba player from now on

Amendola

Doesn't look like the same guy he saw in camp last year

Not as explosive

Edelman as the move guy means Amendola is not in his best spot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back