Not open for further replies.

SeanBruschi54

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Breaking this off from the Koppen thread

- Bedard just stating that the film room must have been a blood bath this week
- Everyone outside of Connolly is "just awful"
- Vollmer looks as if he's 50
- He is all in on Bryan Stork being the starting center for this team going forward. From what he's seen its enough and he has been well coached.

Looking forward to some good insight today from Greg on 98.5.

I was taken back when he said everyone outside of Connolly and Stork. I had already lumped Connolly in the awful group, my mistake.

I'll be sure to follow along on this thread. Man, I hope this OL gets significantly better in the coming weeks (especially against CIN).

should be interesting.......too bad vollmers prime is gonna be so short.....but he was late coming into the league......and now he's a 30 year old 6'8" guy with a bad back

Are they going to let him get more than two sentences in at a time? I tried listening to him on there last week and for the 10 minutes I did felt like he was always getting cut off because he was making too good of a point that went against their narrative.

This OL is an accident waiting to happen, I can't believe Jordan Devey is a starter. Jesus, what looked awful last season got even worse. Mankins gone, Solder completely lost, the problem at center remains, right guard I don't even know who is gonna start next game and Vollmer looks like he's not 100%.

We spent 3 picks in OL in this draft and still have 4 needs. I hope Stork and Fleming deliver because otherwise we are going to use our 2nd round pick QB

I tried listening last week. All I could hear was mazz interrupting every second to emphasize that the Mankins spot is the issue, using some snide remark. These shows are typical Boston sports media: they take great pride in killing the team and their fans.

I tried listening last week. All i could hear was mazz interruppting every second to emphasize that the mankins spot is the issue using some snide remark. These shows are typical boston sports media,they take great pride in killing the team and their fans.

Ugh. Thanks for reminding me who is on in that time spot (I stopped listening to those two long ago). Too bad; I like Bedard. Thanks in advance to those who take one for the team by listening and posting here.

Need to get Stork up to speed and get Wendy healthy, and the options at each position will go up. Then they can settle on their top 5 and as I said in the incognito thread, get Devey the hell off the field. Maybe next year or later in the season he will be ready, but right now he does not seem good; clearly BB sees something in him so I don't want to give up on him, but he can't continue to start.

Even Mankins of 5 years ago wouldn't have made much of a difference since neither tackle seems capable of blocking a Pop Warner player right now. I think Cannon-Stork-Connolly will be fine as an interior line, but the tackles need to figure it out. The solution can't be putting in a third tackle and keeping Gronk in to block every down.

Are they going to let him get more than two sentences in at a time? I tried listening to him on there last week and for the 10 minutes I did felt like he was always getting cut off because he was making too good of a point that went against their narrative.
They'll be too busy working the Kraft==cheap angle to actually hear anything Bedard has to say .

Do they usually have an internet stream you can listen to ?

Bedard on Solder:

"His 2nd half was one of the worst offensive line performances I've ever seen."

Storks needs to go in at center
They need to move Connolly to right guard
They need to get Devey out of there

It's pass blocking and run blocking.... none of it's good

I tried listening last week. All i could hear was mazz interruppting every second to emphasize that the mankins spot is the issue using some snide remark. These shows are typical boston sports media,they take great pride in killing the team and their fans.

It took 30 seconds of Bedard talking today before he took a shot at Belichick putting his ego over what is best for the team on trying to make Devey a starter.

The fundamentals are horrendous
Some of it is talent, but I'm going to go back to coaching
Solder - pad level way to high
Cannon - key spot for the OL longterm, question of whether he thinks fast enough for playing guard

Mankins would occasionally clean stuff up for Solder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes