PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greetings from the other England

Freeman

Rookie
Reaction score
Having fallen in love with America while visiting, and now trying to emigrate (inventing cold fusion is easier), this has been my first season following American Football. I had seen a couple of Super Bowls before now, but never followed a team through the season. I chose to support the Patriots because they seemed like an exciting team and I'd love to end up living in New Hampshire (I live about ten miles from old Hampshire), it's such a beautiful place with such great people. Of course I'll probably end up living in Washington state and have a long journey for home games! :rolleyes:

Anyway, I've had a blast watching this season. Super Bowl here we come :D

Last edited:
Hello there and good luck with your exPATriation. I was stationed in England 30 years ago and fell in love with your country. You may find this of interest: while there, a bunch of friends and I were nursing our hangovers with the Beeb, when a news story came on about the NFL football strike that year. After explaining the issue with the strike, the BBC anchorman explained what the game was, in the typically dry fashion of the day, because American football was still relatively unknown there. He described it as such:

"American football is gangs of upholstered men committing acts of violence upon each other." He then moved onto the next topic.

We all just HOWLED with laughter and I never forgot it!

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back