PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Green-Ellis - Why or Why Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Talk about revisionist history!

Antowain was a middle of the road back who produced like a champ for us!

Maroney has never really given us anything to be excited about...I am just so over him...I pray he does not make it out of camp so the Pats are forced to finally address this issue...

I may not be the highly developed and intelligent football elitist you (think you) are, but I know what my gut tells me and I know Maroney ain't she-ite!

Last edited:
I think Bruinz ended this thread. Pretty much took a flamethrower to it.

And that is really what DaBruinz is best at...anyone who doesn't agree with him, gets the rude comments and flames...

My, what an objective and well-intentioned mod...

Do you screen these people, Ian?

Last edited:
And that is really what DaBruinz is best at...anyone who doesn't agree with him, gets the rude comments and flames...

My, what an objective and well-intentioned mod...

Do you screen these people, Ian?

Pretty sure he isn't a mod. And I was hoping that he would kill the thread, because it really needs to die.

Pretty sure he isn't a mod. And I was hoping that he would kill the thread, because it really needs to die.

Why? I think it was very well thought out and superbly argued.

I mean, who can argue with the following:

Maroney has never really given us anything to be excited about...I am just so over him...I pray he does not make it out of camp so the Pats are forced to finally address this issue...

I mean, how can you deconstruct that sort of reasoning?

I mean, how can you deconstruct that sort of reasoning?

Well, that's how I feel.

You've made it clear you don't agree.

If it doesn't suit you, I am guessing you'll survive.

I guess I just refuse to enter the modern world of the NFL fan wisdom that thinks that 4 mediocre backs are better than one great back.

Incidentally, for a guy that hates this thread so much, you sure have been posting onto it quite a bit. I'm just sayin'.

Last edited:
I hear the Vikings called BB and offered Adrian Peterson and 3 1st round draft picks for BJGE, but BB refused.

Sorry, my bad. I thought he was. Must have been the self-righteous, degrading tone of posts towards me. I stand corrected.

On DaBruinz.

Not on Maroney.

Well, that's how I feel.

You've made it clear you don't agree.

If it doesn't suit you, I am guessing you'll survive.

I guess I just refuse to enter the modern world of the NFL fan wisdom that thinks that 4 mediocre backs are better than one great back.

Incidentally, for a guy that hates this thread so muc, you sure have been posting onto it quite a bit. I'm just sayin'.

Because the season hasn't started. And it's fun to pick on the low hanging fruit.

Of course, you were also one who wanted "Big Poo$ey" run out of town on a rail, and we all know how that turned out. I'd say your track record here is pretty clear; you post about things you "feel," which are usually pretty easy to dismantle using actual facts, evidence, and the historical record.

Sorry, my bad. I thought he was. Must have been the self-righteous, degrading tone of posts towards me. I stand corrected.

On DaBruinz.

Not on Maroney.

Maroney too- you've just decided to pretend that all of the sound points that we've made are equivalent to your rambling nonsense.

Last edited:
Because the season hasn't started. And it's fun to pick on the low hanging fruit.

Of course, you were also one who wanted "Big Poo$ey" run out of town on a rail, and we all know how that turned out. I'd say your track record here is pretty clear; you post about things you "feel," which are usually pretty easy to dismantle using actual facts, evidence, and the historical record.

You think running Richard "Big Pu$ey" Seymour out of town was NOT a good move?

Best move the Pats made last season. The fact that burgess didn't work out put a minor pale on it, but wait until we have a top 5 pick in next year's draft. You'll be singing a different tune~!

As far as posting what I "feel", I am a friggin' fan, not an NFL Network analyst.

Of course, I am going to post what I feel. I am not some geek who spends his whole day analyzing stats and maintaining salary cap pages and all that so I can have posts that satisfy Jack Bauer. I just observe, react and post. Simple. Somtimes I like to look at stats. Sometimes I don't. This is SUPPOSED to be fun, remember?

You probably play Fantasy Football, too, don't you? LOL!

Maroney too- you've just decided to pretend that all of the sound points that we've made are equivalent to your rambling nonsense.

I could not care less about your 'sound points'.

This team has big-time trouble at running back, no matter what you want to delude yourself into thinking.

Right now, we have no top tier NFL caliber running backs on this roster. If you go back to my original post, all I was saying was I would like to see Green-Ellis get the lion's share of the carries in the PRE-SEASON and let's see how he does. We already know who Maroney is.

And as noble as the efforts are of the old-timers (Morris & Taylor) are, we stil have no "go-to" guy.

Period.

Stop flaming me, you're giving me hems on my arse!

Last edited:
You think running Richard "Big Pu$ey" Seymour out of town was NOT a good move?

Best move the Pats made last season. The fact that burgess didn't work out put a minor pale on it, but wait until we have a top 5 pick in next year's draft. You'll be singing a different tune~!

As far as posting what I "feel", I am a friggin' fan, not an NFL Network analyst.

Of course, I am going to post what I feel. I am not some geek who spends his whole day analyzing stats and maintaining salary cap pages and all that so I can have posts that satisfy Jack Bauer. I just observe, react and post. Simple. Somtimes I like to look at stats. Sometimes I don't. This is SUPPOSED to be fun, remember?

You probably play Fantasy Football, too, don't you? LOL!

I don't know how you could look at last year's team, specifically the weakness at RDE, and think that losing Seymour was a good move.

The rest of your post isn't even worth a response. It's not about being a geek; it's about having a modicum of knowledge about the Patriots and the NFL. Which I can tell you lack, since, as BradyFTW noted, several posters brought up excellent points which you conveniently ignored.

I could not care less about your 'sound points'.

This team has big-time trouble at running back, no matter what you want to delude yourself into thinking.

Right now, we have no top tier NFL caliber running backs on this roster. If you go back to my original post, all I was saying was I would like to see Green-Ellis get the lion's share of the carries in the PRE-SEASON and let's see how he does. We already know who Maroney is.

And as noble as the efforts are of the old-timers (Morris & Taylor) are, we stil have no "go-to" guy.

Period.

Stop flaming me, you're giving me hems on my arse!

The two teams who played in the Super Bowl last year don't have a "top tier" RB, either.

I mean, do you even think before you post this tripe?

Maroney has never really given us anything to be excited about.

Maroney ran for a (edit: third highest total in Patriots playoff history, still very good)122 yards in back to back playoff games in 2007 (Jax and SD), including a TD in each game. While the passing game was being limited (with Moss making what, 1 catch in each of those two games), Maroney was a HUGE part of two of the best clock controlling games I've seen.

Clearly he's a bum who's done nothing for us.

Last edited:
Maroney ran for a (edit: third highest total in Patriots playoff history, still very good)122 yards in back to back playoff games in 2007 (Jax and SD), including a TD in each game. While the passing game was being limited (with Moss making what, 1 catch in each of those two games), Maroney was a HUGE part of two of the best clock controlling games I've seen.

Clearly he's a bum who's done nothing for us.

Geez, where does all this Maroney love come from?

Kool-Aid drinkers, all.

I wish this RB WAR would end (2007-?) :(

The two teams who played in the Super Bowl last year don't have a "top tier" RB, either.

I mean, do you even think before you post this tripe?

Or the year before that. Or the year before that. But clearly, you can't win without a top-tier RB. ;)

Hell, look at the top 20 RBs by yardage last season: only 8 of their teams even made the playoffs (vs. 12 for QBs and 13 for WRs). The most prolific rushers in the SB were Joseph Addai and Pierre Thomas, with 828 and 793 yards respectively. But yeah, we're totally screwed unless we have a 1300 yard guy: I mean, Armen did say so!

Last edited:
Geez, where does all this Maroney love come from?

Kool-Aid drinkers, all.

The ability to observe facts, place them in context, and not wildly overreact to irrational expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots