PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Green Dot Guessing

Status
Not open for further replies.
AD and Harrison. Those are my votes.

Someone confirm my understanding of the rule, if I'm right, I think this is pretty asinine - lets use AD and Harrison in this example - if AD comes off the field and Harrison's on it, that Rodney would have to leave the field, switch helmets and come back on.

jmt57, thanks for that info. With the "locked case" it seems clear that we're really only talking about one player per game, unless there's an injury. So we're looking for one guy, preferably a smart veteran, who will be on the field for the vast majority of plays.

Gotta be AD or Vrabel, no?

AD and Harrison. Those are my votes.

Someone confirm my understanding of the rule, if I'm right, I think this is pretty asinine - lets use AD and Harrison in this example - if AD comes off the field and Harrison's on it, that Rodney would have to leave the field, switch helmets and come back on.

Yeah, the way the rule reads to me is that the secondary player would need to change his helmet. On top of that, he can't just drop the green dot helmet off in the bench area; he has to return it to the communications area behind the bench and hand it back to the NFL official, who puts it back in the trunk and logs it back in like a librarian checking books in and out.

In other words, it's going to be used by one player and one player only - unless the primary player leaves the game due to injury.

patchick - I agree, either Vrabel or AD since they would be the players most likely to be on the field for the largest number of plays.

Last edited:
Yeah, the way the rule reads to me is that the secondary player would need to change his helmet. On top of that, he can't just drop the green dot helmet off in the bench area; he has to return it to the communications area behind the bench and hand it back to the NFL official, who puts it back in the trunk and logs it back in like a librarian checking bokks in and out.

In other words, it's going to be used by one player and one player only - unless the primary player leaves the game due to injury.

patchick - I agree, either Vrabel or AD since they would be the players most likely to be on the field for the largest number of plays.

yeah, that was great info. I vote that AD gets it this year, as he'll be on the field quite a bit, and is capable. Maybe Vrable/Bruschi as the second, in case AD gets injured?

AD and Merriweather.

I wouldn't be surprised if BB goes with only one player with a headset, and relies primarily on hand signals to avoid the sub-in problems.

Now THERE'S an idea!

What's the big deal about having more than one on the field at the same time anyway? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back