PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Green Bay Packers offensive coordinator Joe Philbin's son is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update: son was found dead. This is very, very sad regardless of his history. Please be respectful, folks.

Not to be insensitive, but why do we respect the dead so much and not the living? This guy if he lived will never earn anyone's respect, but because he is dead one is supposed to be respectful. It does my head in.

Update: son was found dead. This is very, very sad regardless of his history. Please be respectful, folks.

If those were your daughters Tune,I don't think you would be shedding tears.

Its always easy to see things differently on the outside world.

One less scumbag,one less problem for today's innocent children.

Not to be insensitive, but why do we respect the dead so much and not the living? This guy if he lived will never earn anyone's respect, but because he is dead one is supposed to be respectful. It does my head in.

This thread isn't about Mr. Philbin the son and convict who apparently served his time. It's about the Packers O.C. who just lost his son.

This thread isn't about Mr. Philbin the son and convict who apparently served his time. It's about the Packers O.C. who just lost his son.

So I feel sad for the parents who conceived the scumbag....if thats what this thread is all about....then I get it.

I think that it's time to close this thread before it gets out of hand.

I'm kind of amazed by the comments here referencing someone nobody knows anything about other than through a news report that he was convicted of something two years ago and did a few months time for it. For all anyone knows he was rehabilitated and straightened out, but the knee-jerk vigilante sentiment here is that he should die for it. Great.

The "respect" I called for was in that spirit and directed toward those affected by the kid's untimely death -- notably his family. I doubt they wanted him dead.

And so goes my 10,000th post.

I agree...

Another poster asked why we always say "respect the dead" and I agree with him as well. If a person did not deserve respect in life, then he/she shouldn't be shown respect in death either.

But if this coach were my friend, I'd respectfully attend his son's wake out of respect for my friend, not his son.

That's the way this stuff is supposed to work anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes