PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Green Bay DC Dom Capers reflects on his time with Patriots

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ron Sellers

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Boston Herald - Green Bay defensive coordinator Dom Capers reflects on his time with the Patriots

What did he learn about Bill Belichick and the way he runs his program?

“He’s very bright,” Capers said. “(Belichick) has the control to implement that vision. I just think he’s an outstanding football coach. You look at their team, the transition of their team, they’re actually a young team now. And they’ve got a bunch of draft picks in this draft. So… But my experience there, the biggest thing was just figuring out what my role was going to be and do the best job in my role.”

During his one season as special assistant in charge of the secondary, Capers had an experience he said he enjoyed.

“My feeling going there was, nobody in the league has done it better than Bill Belichick and the Patriots over the last 10 years,” Capers explained. “So, Bill was in Cleveland when I was the coordinator in Pittsburgh and we had a chance to compete against each other then, I always had a lot of respect for him, and it was a positive experience getting in and getting a chance to watch Bill and see how he does things.”

One of the worst secondaries we ever had (well, in a long time).

One of the worst secondaries we ever had (well, in a long time).

Can't polish a turd(s).

I'd say his performance with GB puts that debate to rest.

Can't polish a turd(s).

I'd say his performance with GB puts that debate to rest.

No question. 2008 secondary was severely lacking in talent which is why since SB 42, the team has spent 8 picks on DBs

Just like Dom Capers said - he had a difficult time figuring out what his role was with the Patriots. Too bad, he left. I was quite excited that he had joined the Patriot's staff. I guess BB had a difficult time letting go of his control on the defensive side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back