Welcome to PatsFans.com

Greece: Stubborn & Arrogant

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Jan 16, 2012.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 3 / -10

As Greece has been bailed out multiple times by the IMF and the European Union, they continue to flip the bird at them.

They continuously agree to receive funds/loans to keep them afloat while making agreements they consistently fail to fulfill.

Here's a hint Greece: You WILL keep your promises and you WILL implement changes that will cut into ALL the cushy social programs you have for you citizens. Why? Because the rest of us aren't going to subsidize your lies.

One way or the other, the party is over and Greece must change whether they want to or not.

Greece debt talks near critical point

"As recently as November, Greece and its lenders were optimistic the country’s new prime minister, Lucas Papademos, a respected financial technocrat, would stabilize Greece’s debt and nurse the country back to health. But his interim government has been paralyzed. Although it passed the 2012 national budget, it has failed to initiate most of the unpopular changes mandated by the loan agreement."

Greece debt talks near critical point - Business - The Boston Globe

Until these arrogant sob's fulfill their promises to those who are funding them, I will not buy a pizza from a Greek pizza house ever again. From now on, it's Italian pizza's only for me!
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
  2. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +309 / 4 / -2

Ewwww dude, Greek pizza? That's like ordering Spaghetti at Applebee's. [​IMG]

Did you notice the 9 downgrades across Europe on Friday? Reality is about to set in for a lot of people me thinks. :confused2:
  3. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 3 / -10

EXACTLY! People have to accept the fact that if your gov't can't afford it, then you can't do it. To me, that's a simple concept to understand.

Yes, I noticed the downgrades. The EU problem is exactly where it was 2 years ago. All they do is kick the can down the road like it will go away. Few Euro-nations have actually implemented sustainable changes even though they have no choice.

Europeans seem to have this "My gov't owes me" mentality. It's like they think they're entitled to certain guarantees in life. Sadly, they just don't think about how they're going to fund them!

If I buy a new car, 80 inch big screen and a nice 30 foot powerboat, I have to be able to pay for those things. If I can't, then they get taken away from me.

Same goes for gov't programs....
  4. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +580 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Greek style .......... :eek:
  5. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 3 / -10

Is that a sexual innuendo IP? ;):p
  6. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 3 / -10

We're on the brink of massive defaults by EU countries (Greece, Portugal & Spain...). Greece is so close that they've sent officials to the US as I'm writing this. S&P seems to be trying to prepare everyone for Greek default.

Greek default fears grow as talks stall

"Barely a month after an injection of bailout funds helped to avert bankruptcy, Greece is back at the centre of the euro zone crisis as fears of a default and a subsequent euro zone exit overshadow a mass credit downgrade of euro zone countries."

Greek default fears grow as talks stall - Yahoo! Finance
  7. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Not sure why you have such a hard-on about Greece failing. The Germans dug their own grave when they decided to give up the Deutschmark and go with the euro. Stupid move.
  8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +580 / 4 / -12

#87 Jersey

Have to tip toe around here PR ... :D
  9. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Greece will default by April... and with it, the EU will slowly tear apart.

Predicted 4 years ago... all coming true, albeit about a year behind schedule.
  10. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The Euro was a great idea back in 1999, but like the Bush tax cuts it has failed miserably.

As of today:

$1 USA = $1 Canadian
    $1 USA = 97 cents Australian

How do much smaller Country's have currency the same or better than ours? Even the New Zealand (population 4 million) dollar is at 80 cents.
  11. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Far less over-leveraged currency? A regulated financial market, void of rampant fraud?

I mean, just look at how prosperous Iceland was before banking deregulation invaded that tiny nation like a plague.

Little Friedman's REQUIRE fraud and corruption in order to "prosper." It's deeply ingrained in their "unfettered capitalism cures all" mindset. Though, they don't admit it openly.
  12. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Rookie

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -4

#75 Jersey

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Rookie

Ratings:
    +190 / 3 / -10

All the boo-hoo-ing in the world isn't going to change the situation in Greece. No other nation is going to save them from themselves...pretty soon, maybe we'll read about how Greece thinks other "rich" countries should help them...but that would be just continuing their path of unsustainability.

Besides, can you imagine if our politicians tried to convince Americans that we need to help Greece? Even our most liberal citizens would agree that we have to help our own before we dole out tax dollars for irresponsible foreign nations like Greece.

Do I sympathise with their plight? I can't say that I do...especially after reading your link.
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  14. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +346 / 1 / -9

Two Greeks and a Bolivian on a plane, they're out of gas and they only have two parachutes, the Greeks grab the chutes then one Greek says to the other Greek "what about the Bolivian" the other Greek says "f-ck him" the other Greek says "will we have time"