Welcome to PatsFans.com

Greece: Huge shortage of Medicines, but Plenty of $$ to buy Weapons!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by PatriotsReign, Jan 11, 2012.

1. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +576 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

Greece: Is this a messed up country or what?

Greek Crisis Dries Up Drug Supply as Even Aspirin Can’t Be Found

"For patients and pharmacists in financially stricken Greece, even finding aspirin has turned into a headache."

Greek Crisis Dries Up Drug Supply as Even Aspirin Can

Fine weapons for Athens

"The Gift of the Greek Ministry of Defense has the man in the head: up to 60 fighter aircraft fighter for maybe € 3.9 billion euros. French frigates for about four billion, patrol boats worth 400 million euros, as much is the necessary modernization of the existing Greek fleet. Then it still lacks of ammunition for the Leopard tank , also would have two American Apache helicopters will be replaced. Oh, and one would like to buy German U-boats, total price: two billion euros."

Google Translate

2. The Brandon Five

The Brandon Five Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +517 / 9 / -4

#75 Jersey

3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Maybe if the Saudis and Kuwaitis thought that way back in 1990 we'd have never had to send anyone into Iraq. I won't blame any nation for treating its own defense as its responsibility. I'm sick of us ending up doing it.

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +919 / 7 / -3

Germany is providing the bulk of the arms, and Germany I believe, is also providing Greece with the bulk of its bailout. Hmm....

5. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +576 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

This is exactly the point of this thread...glad someone got it right...even if it is that wierdo, Real World!:D

6. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +841 / 27 / -33

Maybe they should try the American Model, keep building and buying the molst exotic weapons available and then get involved in stupid wars, so the weapons can be destroyed and then more can be built.

And at the same time develop a prescription plan for seniors that benefits big pharma, and rips off folks on fixed incomes.. whoever thought of the "Donut Hole" should face Sharia Law.
    the Currrent list of shortages..

http://www.ashp.org/DrugShortages/Current/

Didja every notice how the only things being built now are drugstores(mostly CVS), Dunkin Donuts and Banks.. notice a trend here.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2012
  7. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +576 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

You don't like the "donut-hole" Darryl?

My personal goal is to take as few med's as possible as I age. The strange thing about prescription meds is that once you take them for a while, you can't get off many of them. And the side-affects that result from them often cause doctors to give you another prescription which leads to more side-affects and more prescriptions until you have a cabinet full of them and you're broke.

All cholesterol reducing med's deplete your body of CoQ10, but very few doctors will suggest you take CoQ10 as a supplement.

At 53 (young to me), many doctors are surprised when I tell them I'm not on anything. I feel like asking them "why, what's the big deal?"

Best Supplements for Nutrient-Depleting Drugs - Page 2 - MSN Health - Health Topics

"It's now clear that if you take statin drugs without taking CoQ10, your health is at serious risk as statin drugs deplete your body of this essential co-enzyme. As your body gets more and more depleted of CoQ10, you may suffer from fatigue, muscle weakness and soreness, and eventually heart failure. Coenzyme Q10 is also very important in the process of neutralizing free radicals."

Dr. Duane Graveline on Cholesterol and CoQ10

8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +841 / 27 / -33

No one plans for it, but genetics and other stuff can kick in that is beyond your control..

Industrial disease... recently did a genealogy study on my family all the way back to Merry Old England.. and interestingly enough the two generations prior to me all died young(20th century folks), however before that most lived until thier 70's... there were the expected infant deaths, but most lived a long life.

Cholesteral is only one of the issues that may require meds..

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012
  9. PatriotsReign

Ratings:
    +576 / 6 / -24

#18 Jersey

I agree completely...but my goal as I age will be to challenge my doctor's advice. Some people who have high blood pressure will just go on meds. I would try exercising a LOT more and adjust my diet rather than taking the easy way out and say, "OK doc, give me my prescription."

Some people just do whatever their doc says rather than changing their lifestyle to improve their health. I think we live in a very lazy society when it comes to our health.

10. Gainzo

Gainzo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +103 / 2 / -3

#11 Jersey

I'm with you on this. I will be 40 this year and I'm not on any prescription drugs, nor have I ever been (apart from the occasional anti-biotic over the years).

When I go to CVS and walk by the Pharmacy there are always 5+ people in their 60's filling multiple prescriptions.

Don't even get me going on the amount of TV ad's I see everyday for prescription drugs. It is crazy.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2012