PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greatest post-patriot career?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haynes is the prototype CB in NFL history, widely regarded as the greatest of all time. IMO Haynes without question. #2 Buonaconti, #3 CuMar #4 Plunkett and #5 Fryar.

Bettis will be going into the Hall as well.

I'm sure Bettis will be enshrined because of his career numbers, but I don't want the NFL HOF to go the way of baseball, where cumulative stats over time count more than peak brilliance, even if shortlived (Gale Sayers/Earl Campbell). I can honestly say I never felt I was watching an all-time great when I watched Bettis tote the rock. Bettis also was putrid throughout his career in the playoffs. Bettis seems like a quality guy, but he oversold the whole "Bus" schtick to the point where I felt like one of Carnegie's suckers. IMO Bettis' personality, and Pittsburgh's large and devoted fan base, brought him more attention than he deserved. That said, I wish him well, as he seems like a gentleman. But he doesn't belong in the pantheon of greats (Brown, Simpson, Payton, Sanders, ****erson, Campbell etc.)

Irving Fryar and Curtis Martin

the best one that comes to my mind is Curtis Martin

On top of his tremendous talent he is a nice person as well.

far from great, but Terry Glenn is putting together some nice seasons with Dallas

Rich Gannon didn't have a bad career after leaving.

I had no idea he was a Pat, when was this?

The Pats drafted him in 4th round in 1987. They wanted to make him of all things a defensive back. He wanted no part of it so they traded him to the Minnesota Vikings. That was a classic move by the Pats.

as far as guys that did not leve to long ago its ty law i think hes had like 15 int in the last like 2 yers plus more in the post season

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back