PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greatest Pats Team Ever? My whatifsports.com Pats tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for putting this tournament together bro! Nice job! :)

Corey Dillon

Unlike any Patriots' back since, Dillon had a great combination of size, strength, balance, burst, and most importantly, a desire to run over people.

I like an angry running back. :cool:

Last edited:
Game 11: #2 2007 Pats at #1 2004 Pats

'07 Pats: 12
'04 Pats: 24

Incidentally, just for fun, I ran this 10 times total. The above score was the first time I ran it, so that was the "official" super bowl. But here were the scores of the 10 games:

G1: '04 wins, 24-12
G2: '07 wins, 37-6
G3: '07 wins, 37-12
G4: '07 wins, 17-16
G5: '07 wins, 27-21
G6: '04 wins, 23-16
G7: '07 wins, 27-17
G8: '04 wins, 45-31
G9: '04 wins, 41-35 (holy cow...Dillon with 221 yds rushing, Brady with 4 td)
G10: '07 wins, 12-10

Average score:
2007: 25.1 (6 wins)
2004: 21.5 (4 wins)

But hey, in a one-game scenario, anything can happen. And the '04 team came up big in the big game and the '07 team came up small. That's the way it goes.

"It was a 13-play, 97-yard drive that took nearly 7 full minutes off the clock."

I remember when we used to do that, in real life. With Dillon, even with Antoine Freakin' Smith.

Would have been nice earlier this month.

sigh...

well, the right teams made your finals and the right team won, IMO.

"It was a 13-play, 97-yard drive that took nearly 7 full minutes off the clock."

I remember when we used to do that, in real life. With Dillon, even with Antoine Freakin' Smith.

sigh...

well, the right teams made your finals and the right team won, IMO.

Ah yes, do you remember that incredible clock-clicking drive by the 2004 team in the 3rd/4th quarter of the 2004 Divisional Playoff game against the Colts (capped by a Brady QB sneak TD). That was classic.

Thanks for putting this tournament together. Good to see some hypothetical fun play out during the downtime of the year.

The Curse of Bridget. The '07 team couldn't even win a hypothetical SB. Meh...

Every time I read or see anything about the '07 team, it's like an old wound. Amazing that I still get pissed at 'em. This year's team was such a group of over achievers, and good for them.

Nice job on this thread. Fun reading.

Incidentally, just for fun, I ran this 10 times total. The above score was the first time I ran it, so that was the "official" super bowl. But here were the scores of the 10 games:

G1: '04 wins, 24-12
G2: '07 wins, 37-6
G3: '07 wins, 37-12
G4: '07 wins, 17-16
G5: '07 wins, 27-21
G6: '04 wins, 23-16
G7: '07 wins, 27-17
G8: '04 wins, 45-31
G9: '04 wins, 41-35 (holy cow...Dillon with 221 yds rushing, Brady with 4 td)
G10: '07 wins, 12-10

Average score:
2007: 25.1 (6 wins)
2004: 21.5 (4 wins)

But hey, in a one-game scenario, anything can happen. And the '04 team came up big in the big game and the '07 team came up small. That's the way it goes.

Do I dare ask you to do a simulation of the 2007 Pats vs. the 2007 Giants to see what a ten game series would look like?

yeah I still remember that 07 season vividly, blowing teams out of the water on a weekly basis. I remember us dismantling the redskins 53-7 and after the game Joe Gibbs saying "they're the best team I've ever seen, they have no weaknesses"

Do I dare ask you to do a simulation of the 2007 Pats vs. the 2007 Giants to see what a ten game series would look like?

I am a masachist so i did it. The pats won all 10 and then 6 more after that before the giants won a game

sigh...

They had that 96(?) yard drive, but they just couldn't cobble together another one after that.

Ah yes, do you remember that incredible clock-clicking drive by the 2004 team in the 3rd/4th quarter of the 2004 Divisional Playoff game against the Colts (capped by a Brady QB sneak TD). That was classic.

Probably my favorite game I've ever been to. Dillon was a BEAST on that drive

I am a masachist so i did it. The pats won all 10 and then 6 more after that before the giants won a game

I haven't quite figured out yet if this helps or hurts that much more.

*sigh* that sucks. Oh what could've been. Certainly doesn't take into consideration the mentally spent aspect of the game.

I haven't quite figured out yet if this helps or hurts that much more.

It's why the 2007 SB is far more painful than this past one. This was, we all knew, was a tossup. The 2007 Patriots were *SO* much better than those Giants by every conceivable measure. And, up to that point, BB/TB had never lost a Super Bowl, the whole perfect season on the line, the Tyree miracle, Asante missing the pick, the whole thing. It was SO much worse than SB 46.

I'm always partial to the 76 team. Didn't win it but that was a damn great team. Russ "All World" Francis please meet Rob Gronkowski.

and i'm always partial for 76, 78, 85 and 86 ones - also if infortunately they didn't win any Super Bowl

this is the reason why i have 2 throwbacks jerseys of that period (Hannah and Francis)

that 2004 team would win every time, ty law and harrison would stop Moss and samuel would stop welker and thats the ball game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back