• Jonathan Fanene

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tavon Wilson

Votes: 6 8.0%
  • Alfonzo Dennard

Votes: 3 4.0%
  • Jake Bequette

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ras-I Dowling (I know, but he's essentially a rook)

Votes: 10 13.3%
  • Shane Vereen (again, didn't see much of the field)

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan55

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I've done this most years for just rookies. But, this year I'll extend it to free agents we picked up. You can only pick one. Who will have the greatest impact on the team's success in the upcoming season? It's not a question of who will have the best career, it's just who will help us get wins the most next season.

I'm also going to add a couple guys from last year who didn't see much of the field for varying reasons (injuries mostly) for arguments sake, as their impact last year was basically nothing, and could be sizeable this season.

Last edited:
Lloyd. He'll have something like a 75/1100/8 line imo.

Hightower next. I think he's going to be great on this team. So versatile.

Last edited:
The way I see it, Lloyd will have the most impact out of everyone on the list, and more specifically, out of the new additions. I pick Hightower as the biggest impact out of this year's rookie class. And I expect Vereen to have a significantly bigger impact this year than he did his rookie season, and a bigger impact than his sophomore teammate Dowling.

I chose Lloyd because out of all of them he's the "surest" bet to get it from day one. But I also think Hightower has the highest ceiling for this season. If he picks it up quickly, he strikes me as the type of guy where halfway through the 3rd quarter you're thinking, "Man, this guy is everywhere!"

Lloyd. Going to open up the passing game..tremendously

Almost forgot we got him after this draft :D

Lloyd. He's a proven NFL veteran now taking passes from the best player he'll ever play with.

This one was hard between Lloyd and Hightower.

Lloyd has already proven himself at this level, but there is always the whole "Will he develop a good rapport with Brady" thing. Chances are high he will, but still, it's there.

Hightower is a guy that can come right in and help. I think that he'll see pretty good playing time this year and really help this defense. Are defense has an so much they can do to improve that anything he can do will help out.

For Lloyd, he's already coming to an amazing offense. Just how much "amazinger" can he make it.

how is Hightower not winning?

you people do realize we had tracy white playing OLB in the superbowl right????????

Gotta go with Hightower, he is nasty and when paired with our other LB's as a group our front 7 have are going to make other teams remember them... along with mad skills.

Hopefully the change in that group, compares with the change that Gronk and Hernandez brought to the TE's...

Just saw a picture of him, at first glance thought it was McGinnest...

Last edited:
Im ecstatic about Lloyd, but how much better can the NE passing offense get? I see Gronk not having a season like the last one this season as opposing teams try to tale him away. I think that Lloyd will take some TDs and passing yards away from Gronk as NE tries to be more balanced in the passing game and not soley rely on Welker and Gronk for the brunt of the offense. Weve seen whats happens when Gronk and Wleker are hobbled as the NE offense struggles.

Hightower for me. Saban and BB run similar if not exact defenses. The defense needs to see the biggest improvement, therefore I think Hightower will have a greater impact with his pass rush and coverage skills.

Last edited:
How much better can a top ranked offense get????

On the other hand, a #31 ranked D has LOTS of room for improvement....

Hightower (and Jones later) will show how much better this D will be.

Dont'a gets my vote ! :rocker:

Higtower... Teaming him with Spikes is going to be nasty. I love the Hightower, Jones, and Bequette picks. The Pats D will once again be an intimidating force upfront which will help the backend of the D.

Jones. He'll have a Aldon Smith esque season.

I'm going defense. I think Lloyd will be great, but so many weapons on offense that he is not going to get the ball THAT much. I'm thinking with added pressure from the defensive line one of the DB's is going to blow us away. Teams will pick on rookies even when they appear to be great. Going with I-Dowling (pretty much a rook).

I'd say of the rookies, Hightower looks to be the most ready to make an impact early.

Of the free agents, Lloyd will help us stretch the field better and open up the inside game for our tight ends and Welker. If teams decide to compress on the inside, Lloyd will be left 1 on 1 and he has to make teams pay for that!

Also don't forget Fanene up front. This guy is a veteran who could make an impact in 2012 much like Waters did last season.

I'm very happy with the off season so far. Love the free agents and the draft. Love the Hightower pick but I think and hope a lot of players on the list above will make a positive impact next season. The defense should be improved and B Lloyd will help no doubt.

I'll go with Hightower. He seems like a day one player, and Lloyd's impact, while potentially huge, is likely to be mostly felt against just a few top defenses, IMO. Hightower should be in a position to make a real difference every game, based upon where I'm guessing he'll be playing and who he will be replacing (even if indirectly).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back