PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Greatest Game of All Time poll @ NFL.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mountain_Commando

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Looks like the poll is at the quarter-finals right now. Teams with most representation are Pats and 9ers (3 games each).

Wouldn't be surprised to see SB XVIX win (fresh in people's mins, also a great game!). Wouldn't be surprised to see the OTHER Glendale game win either (driven by anti-Pats zeal).

http://www.nfl.com/bracketology

Any Super Bowl Peyton Manning participated in win or lose, or the ones he was robbed out of going to by the Cheating Patriots are the best ever. Nothing else comes close in comparison and to think otherwise is utter foolishness.

I kiiid! I kiid lest someone think I'm serious!

I did my part.

The sooner SB42 is eliminated the better.

SB 42 was truly a nightmare. Thank god Patriots fans can finally let go of those memories.
of David Tyree and his kryptonite Giants. Thank goodness indeed, because in 2015 the Patriots earned a second chance to prove themselves in Glendale AZ...and this time, they reminded the whole world why Brady and the Pats are the best!

To watch Brady dismantle one of the greatest defenses ever seen in the NFL, witness the biggest fourth-quarter comeback in Super Bowl history, and to experience the feeling of elation after Malcolm Butler makes the play of a lifetime ......it doesn't get any better than that. That's what I call redemption...sweet redemption!

Last edited:
SB42 objectively wasn't that good of a football game. This past SB was far better, with a great comeback and great finish, as was the Snow Bowl game and even the Steelers-Cardinals game in that same bracket. I would even say SB 46 was better.

Wouldn't be surprised to see the OTHER Glendale game win either (driven by anti-Pats zeal).

What's worse is that people seem to think narrowly losing due to some bullsh*t miracle catch somehow negates going 18-0 and shattering record after record. Does it hurt to lose the last and most important game of the season...of course it does. In those 60 dreadful minutes, the Pats went from from looking invincible to becoming the biggest laughing stock and chokers in the NFL.

But to still be the only team to reach that kind of distinction and achieve that many consecutive wins in a single season, is nothing short of AMAZING!!!! No other team will ever come close to achieving what the 07' Pats did. And that's why we have the 16-0 season banner raised in Foxboro.... not as a reminder of failure, but as a badge of pride :cool:

Last edited:
If we're talking just Super Bowls, the best ones I've ever seen are NE-SEA and GB-DEN. Evenly-matched powerhouses slugging it out. Lots of close SBs recently that I didn't think were well-played games or great teams. PIT-ARZ, NE-NyG46, BAL-SF. It takes so much more than late drama to make for a great game IMO.

Wow, surprised to see 43 beating 42 at this point. Heckuva game that one (43), even if I hated the outcome.

SB42 was probably the best of all-time from an objective standpoint if you are taking CONTEXT into account. The game itself was good but nothing close to the greatest... it has everything to do with an undefeated team going down. I hate it, it disgusts me, but if I weren't a Pats fan I would probably vote for it.

Total recency bias in this tournament, though.

Not the most significant but I think among Patriots game it is the 2001 "tuck rule" game.

The controversy stands out but there was some really amazing plays made that game and it had several hold your breath do or die moments.

SB42 was probably the best of all-time from an objective standpoint if you are taking CONTEXT into account. The game itself was good but nothing close to the greatest... it has everything to do with an undefeated team going down. I hate it, it disgusts me, but if I weren't a Pats fan I would probably vote for it.

Total recency bias in this tournament, though.

Sorry dude.... story lines make for great movies, not super bowls :p

What's worse is that people seem to think narrowly losing due to some bullsh*t miracle catch somehow negates going 18-0 and shattering record after record. Does it hurt to lose the last and most important game of the season...of course it does. In those 60 dreadful minutes, the Pats went from from looking invincible to becoming the biggest laughing stock and chokers in the NFL.

But to still be the only team to reach that kind of distinction and achieve that many consecutive wins in a single season, is nothing short of AMAZING!!!! No other team will ever come close to achieving what the 07' Pats did. And that's why we have the 16-0 season banner raised in Foxboro.... not as a reminder of failure, but as a badge of pride :cool:

Actually the 2009 Colts were undefeated after fourteen games, but, as many Patriot fans will remember, they decided to keep Manning on the bench against the Jets, thus throwing the game and letting the pathetic Jets sneak into the playoffs at 9-7. Had the Colts played to win, they likely would have defeated the Jets and Bills and finished at 16-0.

Actually the 2009 Colts were undefeated after fourteen games, but, as many Patriot fans will remember, they decided to keep Manning on the bench against the Jets, thus throwing the game and letting the pathetic Jets sneak into the playoffs at 9-7. Had the Colts played to win, they likely would have defeated the Jets and Bills and finished at 16-0.

The 2007 Patriots were an elite caliber team whose record is not only defined by the number of consecutive wins, but the records that they broke: Total Points scored (589), Highest Point Differential, Season (+315 or +19.7 PPG), Most First Downs in a Season (391). Touchdowns Scored (75) blowout victories (10 by three TDs or greater), you name it.

Fans are just terrible at these kinds of polls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes