PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great video and article behind DJ Foster's draft day and his UDFA decision. MUST WATCH!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So do we actually know what position he's going to be working at? RB, WR, or a little bit of both?

So do we actually know what position he's going to be working at? RB, WR, or a little bit of both?

Given that the WR group is crowded and the RB group isn't, my guess is he'll be competing for James White's roster spot.

Given that the WR group is crowded and the RB group isn't, my guess is he'll be competing for James White's roster spot.

I am intrigued to see how D.J Foster runs because that would surely help his case. IF he is James White 2.0 in the running department no thanks.

Premier binkie status.

I am intrigued to see how D.J Foster runs because that would surely help his case. IF he is James White 2.0 in the running department no thanks.

James White went to Wisconsin. That school is basically Bust U from a RB perspective. We won't know how Foster runs until the preseason, but it's hard to see him being worse than White. If he's a better runner between the tackles add to the fact that he's a smooth receiver out of the backfield, White is gone by the end of TC.

James White went to Wisconsin. That school is basically Bust U from a RB perspective. We won't know how Foster runs until the preseason, but it's hard to see him being worse than White. If he's a better runner between the tackles add to the fact that he's a smooth receiver out of the backfield, White is gone by the end of TC.

Yeah, i was truly dumbfounded at how bad White was running the ball. So if Foster can be anything better than dreadful in the ground game, he should be able to pass White on the depth chart.

No. You hear all the time teams talking to players about how they will possibly pick them here. Then they do or don't. They aren't under contract to anyone so you can tamper and call to your hearts content.

The NFL could try possibly but I don't see it even with as corrupt as the NFL is.

Teams call players before they draft them all the time.

You can't tamper with someone who isn't under contract.

I don't think that's totally true.

You can contact players. That much seems accurate. You cannot discuss contract terms though.

For example, if you say hey, we're thinking about you, that's fine.

But if you say you're willing to offer a sizeable bonus (the average 7th-rounder gets around $40K guaranteed), and then they get drafted and want an increase in the guarantee, then you've tampered.

This article talks about it a bit more in detail. It mentions tampering specifically as a penalty from the CBA, but then the link doesn't work.

So I don't think it's totally accurate to say you can call anyone and say anything. There are limits to it.

Which brings me back to the original fear that Goodell will make up some ******** about how the Patriots must have offered a larger guarantee earlier despite the Cardinals calling multiple times to say hello.

At one point DJ Foster had agreed to stay home and join Cardinals as a RB, but then something changed...Bill Belichick called him.

Inside DJ Foster's NFL decision

NOTE: According to Mike Lyoko, DJ had the top Short Shuttle at the combine and the 4th best 3-cone. Ran mid 4.4s at his pro day. Definitely one to watch.

BB loved the 3 cone drill. Loves it.

I like that he said he knew it was the Patriots all along. Me too DJ. From Dec 2014:

I've always liked him. Was a little disappointed he dropped weight and switched to WR but that versatility will help him with the Pats. Those reception numbers I quoted above were him playing as a RB. Three consecutive years with over 500 yard receptions whilst playing as a RB speaks to that versatility. I was thrilled by this signing.

He had 3 consecutive seasons with a 500 yard reception? :eek::eek: What the hell field do they use down at AZ State??

He is a good looking kid. He will fit in with the fashion squad in Foxboro.

On this video he appears to be a great kid and I hope he does well.

Unfortunately on the draftbreakdown videos, he didn't look very impressive. To me he didn't have a lot of quickness and appeared to be just high effort guy. I know nothing, just an observation from a 10 minute video.

He's a small player without any position, except for maybe KO Returner, and the suits will have that play
eliminated by 2020. But hey if he can make Jimmy White superfluous, then that's cool I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes