PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great Victory Last Night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIMEsteelersfan

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Yet another come from behind victory for your guys last night... and another notch in Brady's Hall of Fame belt. I won't lie, as a Steelers fan your success this year sickens me a great deal... I turn on the TV and its "Patriots this" and "Tom Brady" that, it's quite irritating. You deserve it though, your boys have been lights out for twelve straight games and are finding ways to win games when the chips are down... that's what champions are made of.

I'm looking forward to our battle this Sunday. I've seen some chinks in the New England armor over the past few weeks... the question will be whether or not we can exploit them. One things for sure, the NFL's top offense and top defense square off in what should be one heck of a game.

Congrats on #12 last night.

Last edited:
Thanks - this team plays to a tough, spoiled crowd so it's refreshing to have some trolls with perspective show up and give this team the atta boy it deserves given as it's 12-0. :D

Yet another come from behind victory for your guys last night... and another notch in Brady's Hall of Fame belt. I won't lie, as a Steelers fan your success this year sickens me a great deal... I turn on the TV and its "Patriots this" and "Tom Brady" that, it's quite irritating. You deserve it though, your boys have been lights out for twelve straight games and are finding ways to win games when the chips are down... that's what champions are made of.

I'm looking forward to our battle this Sunday. I've seen some chinks in the New England armor over the past few weeks... the question will be whether or not we can exploit them. One things for sure, the NFL's top offense and top defense square off in what should be one heck of a game.

Should be interesting...... Two teams that have played less then spectacular in the last few weeks (both of us). I feel confident we beat you, cause we own the Steelers in general. I ain't gonna lie though, I am worried about the "short rest" this week. We looked tired after that one last night.

Do you see any "clinks" in the Steelers armor? I guess if your seeing 'clinks" then you might have see some Steeler "clinks".

Ironic that this thread was started by a Steelers fan.

Thanks.

I thought it was a great game, though I prefer a little less drama with my Patriot victories. I came close to cardiac arrest last night, especially during that 4th and 1, then 4th and 1 then 4th and 6 series--an inappropriate timeout, a false start and a quarterback scramble had a fan (me) looking for a defibrillator--cripes!!

I know we've said this, but that Tommy boy, he is one cool dude and I will be forever grateful that he is our cool dude.

Sicken? You guys won a SB more recently than we did. Patriots need to rectify that this year.

#12 did play well. The dropped passes weren't his fault. Win 12 was good too, albeit the biggest squeaker in team history. 7 more to go.

I came close to cardiac arrest last night, especially during that 4th and 1, then 4th and 1 then 4th and 6 series--an inappropriate timeout, a false start and a quarterback scramble had a fan (me) looking for a defibrillator--cripes!!

After the timeout fiasco, then the false start, there was no doubt in my mind you guys would convert. Now Brady running for it??? I didn't see that one coming, no sir.

... your success this year sickens me a great deal ...

Your team's annual inability to maintain any semblance of a normal playing surface in Yellow Mustard Stadium sickens me a great deal.

That game was WAAAY too close for comfort! But a win's a win. We'll take it. :)

Pitt has a hard nosed D so it should be a tough game. I expect them to blitz Brady a lot. BB is going to need to do some scheming to work around that. But as long as #12 is still standing, the Pats have got a chance at winning every single game they play.

Your team's annual inability to maintain any semblance of a normal playing surface in Yellow Mustard Stadium sickens me a great deal.

No objection there. Way too many teams use our field, natural grass just doesn't hold up. I want "Field Turf" in the worst way.

I love it when fans here can't even take a back handed compliment compliment graciously. Speaks volumes about what the fan base on this board has devolved into.

yes; this was a great victory also; in this team i always believe.
also in the worst moments this team is able to step up.

never dead...

Brady at the end was awesome. How can he be always that calm ? Incredible...

12-0 - what a season till now...

I love it when fans here can't even take a back handed compliment compliment graciously. Speaks volumes about what the fan base on this board has devolved into.

Well, thanks to your vigilant ombudsmanship via posts like this, the record can always be set straight.

The guy said he was "sickened" by our success; I suppose "backhanded compliment" is one way to look at it. I replied tongue-in-cheek that I am "sickened" by the Steelers' sorry excuse for a playing surface. Is "sarcastically humorous retort" a totally ungracious response to "backhanded compliment"? :rolleyes:

I've noticed this too. Other teams' fans come on the boards looking to talk football, admit that it sickens them how good we are (why wouldn't it? It'd sicken me), and then they get thrashed around like they're trolling. I don't think Tunescribe was doing this, I think he was being tongue-in-cheek, but some of our more feisty posters jump over anyone who so much as thinks a word of praise about another team.

I've noticed this too. Other teams' fans come on the boards looking to talk football, admit that it sickens them how good we are (why wouldn't it? It'd sicken me), and then they get thrashed around like they're trolling. I don't think Tunescribe was doing this, I think he was being tongue-in-cheek, but some of our more feisty posters jump over anyone who so much as thinks a word of praise about another team.
This was a pretty cool Steelers fan.Hopefully us fans witness a good game with no injuries this Sunday.This will also be Rodney's 1st game against the Steelers since his season ending injury in 2005.

Hello Steeler fan. Thanks for the nice compliments! Last night's win was absolutely incredible. I had such a hard time falling asleep because I still couldn't believe what I had just seen.

I'm impressed that the Steelers have still been a good team without Cowher. I thought for sure that they would be average at best. Since Porter is no longer there, I hate the Steelers a little bit less than in years past. BUT, Big Ben still irritates me to no end.

Here's hoping to another exciting game!

WOW! A steeler fan has more perspective on the Pats than a lot of Patriot fans lately. Thanks for the compliment and I hope for a great, injury free game.

Not really, I am hoping for a blow out in the Pats favor if for nothing more than to shut some of these "fans" up.

Steeler fans better hope Parker hangs on to the ball a little better than he did this past game, do you think it was due to the rain and those rubber sleeve things he was wearing?

By the way, welcome!

Last edited:

Classy post, and welcome to Patsfans. This upcoming game has scared me more than any game on the schedule besides the Indy game. The Steelers are playing great football, against a very tough physical division. This Steelers team will be the most physical team the Pats will play all year, and if the Pats play like they have the last two games, this will be an easy win for the Steelers, whom are way better than the Eagles & Ravens. Here's to a tough, clean, injury-free game, and may the best team win.

Steeler fans better hope Parker hangs on to the ball a little better than he did this past game, do you think it was due to the rain and those rubber sleeve things he was wearing?

I don't know. Bettis used to wear those same sleeves, and he fumbled just 42 times in 3,679 career touches, or, just once per 88 touches. Considering the pounding he took/delivered it's amazing he didn't fumble more often. I think Willie just needs to do a better job of holding the ball tighter to his chest. I'm sure your boys will be tomahawking(spelling?) that ball on Sunday... I sure would.

After the timeout fiasco, then the false start, there was no doubt in my mind you guys would convert. Now Brady running for it??? I didn't see that one coming, no sir.

Hey thanks, we have had our way with the Steelers over the course of our recent history, I hope that still holds true come Sunday. I'm finally glad we're able to play the game at a normal time instead of these night games that not only have done in us fans but the players also.

You guys can bet you'll see the Patriots best effort, something we haven't seen the last 2 weeks, that won't be the case Sunday. The Patriots will be up for this game like no other and the fans should be raucous.

I have a question for you, what's the word you're hearing on Polamalu and Holmes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes