Welcome to PatsFans.com

Great trade stories from previous drafts

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Easywolf32, Oct 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Easywolf32

Easywolf32 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I didnt know where to post this, remove it if you wish, just thought it was a good story. :D

20 years later, Cowboys' trade still reverberates - NFL - Yahoo! Canada Sports

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2009
  2. GostkowSKI

GostkowSKI Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

Nice read. I highly recommend the book "Boys Will Be Boys" by Jeff Pearlman, gives a great insight to the Cowboys of that era. There could never be another team like that, not in the era of the internet and cell phone cameras, etc.

And just to lure you in, the opening chapter is about how Michael Irvin once stabbed a teammate in the neck with a pair of scissors.
  3. dalero

dalero PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Good article but I think posting the whole thing is a no no. Posting the link and some quotes from it are ok but the whole thing is a violation that could be trouble for Ian. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  4. FilPats

FilPats Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Could Mangini be wittingly or unwittingly strengthening the Jets by the series of trades he made with them as coach of the Browns. Maybe be really loves New York.
  5. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I agree with Jimmy Johnson. He would have won a ring or more even without the Walker trade, because he would have made other trades, and he still had his eye for NFL talent. In a semi-related way, I think Belichick would have won a ring or more without Brady, since he knows how to draft and develop other QB's to play his style of quarterback.
  6. Easywolf32

Easywolf32 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'll delete the copied story if the Admins here want to, or they can just go ahead and delete it I guess. I just posted the whole story as well because posting links only seems suspicious to some people and doesnt get read in the end...:eek:

Anyhow, I just thought that BB resembles or even exceeds what other past smart coaches like Bill Walsh and Jimmy Johnson have done in the past when it comes to the art of trading, drafting and knowing how to keep a franchise rolling with new blood year in, year out. I hope he is around for at least another decade.
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  7. italia44

italia44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Mangenius has been shopping Edwards,since the draft,with no takers>He's made it known that he wants Calvin Johnson-type money.This guy is TO-lite...........too many drops.I'd take Anquan Boldin,in a hearbeat,over this guy.Why the Jets didn't get an extended deal in place for Edwards,as a condition of the deal,is beyond me.Tannenbaum and Jabba the Hut have become the New Redskins......One-Hit Wonders,this year or bust.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.