Welcome to PatsFans.com

Great Speech by Obama. Gave Me Chills

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by maverick4, Mar 18, 2008.

1. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Since McCain sucks and Paul and Romney are long gone, I wasn't really enthusiastic about any other candidate. And while I know this candidate is more inexperienced, and has a reputation for more talk than walk, I have to admit this recent speech gave me chills (the good kind) reading it:

http://drudgereport.com/flashos.htm

2. weswelker#83

weswelker#83 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

“We the people, in order to form a more perfect union.”

3. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

The video link (within that page) is total BS though. They purposely cut out half the speech and blew up Obama's defense of his pastor.
    Also, the comments below are DISGUSTING, it's like all the White bigots came out in force on that page.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  4. QuiGon

QuiGon Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It gave me chills too... That racist scumbag is probably our next president... If that doesn't give chills, I don't know what will

5. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I found a youtube video link:
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=pWe7wTVbLUU

This speech will go down in history........

6. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +631 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

I can't get Drudge on my computer so I can't see the comments but the speech didn't give me chills, nor impress me. Of course you probably think that makes me a racist, whatever. One thing's for sure, he's injected race into the campaign more than before so we'll see how that goes. However I disagree with him suggesting that this anger is understandable. And I disagree with him trying to make his pastor's remarks so little as to compare them to things that others hear in their churches that they disagree with. I don't think words like that are heard in many churches - at least I hope not.

7. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +870 / 2 / -9

He Gave Me The Dry Heaves

I still can't believe the American people will elect this Arrogant Paddle Eared kid to be the next President, why won't our scumsucking bastard media dig into this conceited arrogant little sh!t bums life the way they went after bush and Romney, why don't the liberal media trash Obooma's church the way they trashed the Mormons.
    If he is elected I hope the Muslims blow the f-cking NY Times to rubble with all the Anti Americans who work there in it, f-ck them and f-ck this Obama bastard.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2008
  8. Run DMC

Run DMC In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -3

#24 Jersey

damn Harry, don't be afraid to let it out. :eek:

9. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +111 / 9 / -14

#37 Jersey

Obama has surrounded himself with some of the worlds greatest Jew haters, all that was left was you and Ahmadinejad, guess Ahmadinejad is only left now.

I know you will be happy when Obama encamps us.

10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +870 / 2 / -9

The way the media and the far out loons are slobbering gushing and having orgasms over this Oboomy a$s hole is disgusting, it's enough to drive a man to drink.

Dear Mr Paddle Ears Barack Hussein Obama, if you are a football fan and you visit this political forum I Harry Boy say unto thee, "f-ck you, your ears and your spritual advisor"

:bricks:

11. reflexblue

reflexblue PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +243 / 6 / -4

#91 Jersey

So when are you guys going to hold you're cross burning party?

12. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

The explosion you just heard was this issue blowing up in the Neo-cons' faces. The Dow better hit 50,000 before next November or Mccain is toast. Obama is the 1927 Yankees of politics.

13. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +631 / 17 / -16

#24 Jersey

More like the 2005 Steelers IMO - weak opponents and an easy stroll to victory unless he trips over himself. Right place, right time. Little more. Although I do agree he'll likely win.

14. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

I hope he can survive the constant smear jobs between now and November.

15. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +394 / 15 / -14

Gee, the radical right is calling Obama racist and anti-semitic in this thread. Isn't it amazing how concerned they are about issues of prejudice? Does anyone believe them? I think they are marginalized and are getting very frustrated, but I will say with their hypocrisy and lies they provide a certain amount of entertainment value. Obama's speech was terrific and for those who do not harbor racism, anti-semiticism, or other prejudices, it was truly inspiring. More than that, it was courageous, as it's clearly riled some of the bigoted pundits into a hateful frenzy.

16. FreeTedWilliams

FreeTedWilliams pfadmins PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +403 / 48 / -7

#75 Jersey

Exactly what states won by BUsh, do you really see Obama winning, honestly?

He couldn't beat Hillary in Ohio, and that was before everyone knew about his anti-american racist church, and now that he has come forth and admitted that he lied on 4 national TV shows on Friday night, about not knowing what his Pastor was saying (he obviously knows that there are tapes of him at one or more of these sermons, why else he would have admitted to that so readily today).

So what states would he be winning?

Here is a county by county map of the 2004 election.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/vote2004/countymap.htm

Now Kerry got something like 90% of the black vote, suppose Obama gets 95%, what percentage of the Jewish vote do you think he is going to carry? I would guess that it is going to be less than 30% which is 1/2 as much as Kerry got. Which put Florida completely out of his reach.

Now New Jersey is suffering with incredible inflation and the highest taxes in the lasn because they elected an ultra liberal pie in the sky rich guy, who promised the moon. Obama will be hard pressed to even keep New Jersey on the "blue" side.

In 2004 Kerry got over 110% of the black vote in some sections of Philly (how can you get more than 100% you ask, voter fraud), now being from Chicago, let's say that Obama can at least mantain that level of voter fraud, is that going to be enough to overcome the mostly white middleclass rest of the state, that he has now alienated with his devotion to this racist church? Let's say he loses 5% of the white vote, Kery won PA by 130,000 votes, 5% of 5 million is roughly 250,000 votes more than enough to flip the state.

A Democrat absolutely can not win the Presdiency without winning PA, and NJ, not only are these states going to be very hard for Obama to win, McCain is a moderate (closer to the old style JFK Democrat than either Hillary or Obama) and he will actually garner much more support in these states than Bush got.

I would love to hear a scenario, where you think that this scandal has not finished Obama off, because it has, you just don't want to admit it yet.

17. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +316 / 9 / -13

He will win the dem nomination, but more junk from the pastor will continue to dribble out. The independents (and superdelegates?) may not be as inpressed as dem primary voters.

1 other points, Why bring up neocons? McCain isn't a neocon, and this bruhaha was done by the Clinton's if it were 'neocons' it would have happened the day after the dem convention not now. The only one who benefits by the exposure of his bigoted pastor now Is Hillary.

18. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

They might assassinate him .I hate conspiray theories , but since 2000 , everything is possible.

19. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +316 / 9 / -13

Why bother this guy would be as bad as Carter and he paved the way for Reagan.

20. weswelker#83

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

People were crying, cheering.