PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great Seymour Quote in Today's Herald

Status
Not open for further replies.

tombonneau

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Seymour admitted that sometimes he looks at defensive ends like Indianapolis’ Dwight Freeney, who earn headlines and highlights for pressuring the quarterback, and wonders what life would be like if he had similar opportunities.

But then he takes a step back.

“Is it frustrating? Would I like to go out and do some other things sometimes? Of course,†Seymour said. “But at the same time I look at the big picture. Do they end up in the Super Bowl? No. So I’ll take the things that we’re able to do. I’ll take the team’s success over my individual success.â€

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=151336&format=&page=1

Good to see he has it all in perspective. :)

bow down to that guy

Lawyer had similar concerns about individual accomplishment/credit that he was only able to subjugate for one cinderella season. I think the hardest challenge Belioli face going forward is retaining sufficient talent when many will decide they've won enough and want some individual accolades and financial "respect" more than they want another ring or two or three....

The answer IMO is to continue to turn the team over (save Brady and a select but unfortunately aging core) who really get it and buy all in, and re-tool it annually with draftees who have their heads screwed on straight and hungry veterans who already have piles of some other fools money and hollow accolades but wonder what life would be like if they played for a championship winning team.

tombonneau said:

Exactly. He can also give a sound bite without being boring. Way to twist up the company line, Big Sey!

I would love to see how Seymour would fare as an edge rusher in the 4-3 and never have to worry about the run except in backside pursuit.

I really like Freeney. I am on record as pronouncing him the impact player of that draft class (which I was riduculed for at the time). OTOH, I am on record as not being particularly happy with the Seymour pick. I wanted that OL whose name I can't even remember now. Oh, yeah...Kenyatta Walker. :eek:

I am siked that we got him a long term extension. :singing:

I could not agree more MoLewisrocks!!!! Being part of a team and actually putting everything you have into it is not easy. Especially when these guys see lesser talent getting more recognition and more money. There are not a lot of Bruschi's in this world, willing to give their all and wanting nothing more than to win.

Last edited:
MoLewisrocks said:
Lawyer had similar concerns about individual accomplishment/credit that he was only able to subjugate for one cinderella season. I think the hardest challenge Belioli face going forward is retaining sufficient talent when many will decide they've won enough and want some individual accolades and financial "respect" more than they want another ring or two or three....

The answer IMO is to continue to turn the team over (save Brady and a select but unfortunately aging core) who really get it and buy all in, and re-tool it annually with draftees who have their heads screwed on straight and hungry veterans who already have piles of some other fools money and hollow accolades but wonder what life would be like if they played for a championship winning team.

Well when you read the whole article, there is def. some subtext in Seymour's attitude that foreshadows his departure. Just talking about how he wants to be Def. Player of the Year, how he has never been Def. Player of the Month.

He understands that in this system he will never shine statistically, which he seems content with for now, but you can sense that his ego really wants those accolades.

I fully anticipate when his contract is up he will walk and go to a defense that will allow him to increase his sack total and let him garner the individual praise he clearly desires.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like his attitude.

MoLewisrocks said:
Does Branch still fit into this model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye