Welcome to PatsFans.com

Great Seymour Quote in Today's Herald

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by tombonneau, Aug 4, 2006.

1. tombonneau

tombonneau In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=151336&format=&page=1

Good to see he has it all in perspective. :)

2. DB15

DB15 Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

bow down to that guy

3. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Lawyer had similar concerns about individual accomplishment/credit that he was only able to subjugate for one cinderella season. I think the hardest challenge Belioli face going forward is retaining sufficient talent when many will decide they've won enough and want some individual accolades and financial "respect" more than they want another ring or two or three....

The answer IMO is to continue to turn the team over (save Brady and a select but unfortunately aging core) who really get it and buy all in, and re-tool it annually with draftees who have their heads screwed on straight and hungry veterans who already have piles of some other fools money and hollow accolades but wonder what life would be like if they played for a championship winning team.

4. Dragda

Dragda Yes, it's really me... PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

#93 Jersey

Exactly. He can also give a sound bite without being boring. Way to twist up the company line, Big Sey!

I would love to see how Seymour would fare as an edge rusher in the 4-3 and never have to worry about the run except in backside pursuit.

I really like Freeney. I am on record as pronouncing him the impact player of that draft class (which I was riduculed for at the time). OTOH, I am on record as not being particularly happy with the Seymour pick. I wanted that OL whose name I can't even remember now. Oh, yeah...Kenyatta Walker. :eek:

5. Kdo5

Kdo5 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +33 / 5 / -3

I am siked that we got him a long term extension. :singing:

6. Gopats!!!

Gopats!!! On the Game Day Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I could not agree more MoLewisrocks!!!! Being part of a team and actually putting everything you have into it is not easy. Especially when these guys see lesser talent getting more recognition and more money. There are not a lot of Bruschi's in this world, willing to give their all and wanting nothing more than to win.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2006
  7. tombonneau

tombonneau In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Well when you read the whole article, there is def. some subtext in Seymour's attitude that foreshadows his departure. Just talking about how he wants to be Def. Player of the Year, how he has never been Def. Player of the Month.

He understands that in this system he will never shine statistically, which he seems content with for now, but you can sense that his ego really wants those accolades.

I fully anticipate when his contract is up he will walk and go to a defense that will allow him to increase his sack total and let him garner the individual praise he clearly desires.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2005
  8. rabthepat

rabthepat 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I like his attitude.

9. spacecrime

spacecrime Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Does Branch still fit into this model?

10. njpatsfan