PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great Rodney article!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have said it many times: Other than Brady, Rodney Harrison is the player the Patriots can least afford to lose. Period.
Well said. As BB says, Rodney is the inspirational leader, and the role model for players and fans alike. His attitude would result in success in any endeavor.

I have said it many times: Other than Brady, Rodney Harrison is the player the Patriots can least afford to lose. Period.

I like Rodney and all, but I would say that claim is arguable. I just hope he can stay healthy...

Last edited:
Thanks, good read. I liked this part:

"When I line up against Rodney Harrison in practice, I know that he is going to give me his best look. He definitely makes people around him play at a higher level." ---Watson

I like Rodney and all, but I would say that claim is arguable. I just hope he can stay healthy...

you can argue anything, but brady is the #1 guy we don't want to lose on O, and rodney is the #1 guy we don't want to lose on D....although Bru is a close 2nd

Was at practice yesterday and keying on Rodney, while most of the guys stretch.. Rodney takes it to another level.. he is a freaking contortionist and marches to the beat of his own drummer. I guess when you are his age, you look for every advantage.. love his nasty swagger.. instills confidence.

you can argue anything, but brady is the #1 guy we don't want to lose on O, and rodney is the #1 guy we don't want to lose on D....although Bru is a close 2nd

And see, I wouldn't agree with that.

There are several players I think are more important now than Bruschi, namely Wilfork, Thomas, and Hobbs. I think were it not for the lack of depth at ILB, the list would be even longer.

Without Samuel and not knowing Meriweather's abilities at CB, Hobbs becomes absolutely crucial to the defense. The interesting thing about Harrison is it's not necessarily his skill that makes him invaluable, but his intangibles and the versatility he affords the coaching staff.

Last edited:

Can I love Rodney and still agree with Bauer to an extent? Rodney was the defensive player we could least afford to lose.

We picked him up late in his career and he's had serious injuries.

We're going to lose him soon anyway, so I hope he can infuse his spirit into the next generation of safeties and play up to his own standards another year or two.

Can I love Rodney and still agree with Bauer to an extent? Rodney was the defensive player we could least afford to lose.

And I agree with you.

The article didn't tell me anything I didn't know. The issue is how much Rodney will have lost through his injuries and the aging process. The point in the article that he's a safety (and so the loss of speed doesn't matter so much as it would if he were a cornerback) did not reassure me!

Rodney has so much pride that I am sure that (like Corey) he would pull the plug if he felt that he couldn't contribute at the highest level. But it's possible that he himself doesn't know how well he can play yet.

We picked him up late in his career and he's had serious injuries.

We're going to lose him soon anyway, so I hope he can infuse his spirit into the next generation of safeties and play up to his own standards another year or two.

I'm not totally convinced that we're going to lose Rodney that soon.

If Rodney is fully recovered from the ACL tear, he will be close to form. Even if he loses a step due to age, he still has the brains and the toughness to perform at a high level. He doesn't seem to have lost his hunger. If anything, 2 years away has probably rekindled his desire to return and be a leader on the defense.

Rod Woodson was a borderline pro-bowl caliber player until he was 37-38 years old. He recovered from career threatening injury. Why can't Rodney as well?

I'm not totally convinced that we're going to lose Rodney that soon.

If Rodney is fully recovered from the ACL tear, he will be close to form. Even if he loses a step due to age, he still has the brains and the toughness to perform at a high level. He doesn't seem to have lost his hunger. If anything, 2 years away has probably rekindled his desire to return and be a leader on the defense.

Rod Woodson was a borderline pro-bowl caliber player until he was 37-38 years old. He recovered from career threatening injury. Why can't Rodney as well?

I don't want him to go. And he should be better than last year due to the two year snap back of the ACLs.

Time does march on and I consider any play by Rodney in the next few years to be gravy. Sanders and Meriweather need to be ready to grab the Baton.

As far as linebackers go, we'll really need to depend on some high mileage players for the foreseeable future. I hope we develop some successors as promising there as we have at safety.

And I agree with you.

The article didn't tell me anything I didn't know. The issue is how much Rodney will have lost through his injuries and the aging process. The point in the article that he's a safety (and so the loss of speed doesn't matter so much as it would if he were a cornerback) did not reassure me!

Rodney has so much pride that I am sure that (like Corey) he would pull the plug if he felt that he couldn't contribute at the highest level. But it's possible that he himself doesn't know how well he can play yet.

The second year rebound from an ACL is a real phenomenon it seems, so he should be better than last year.

Last edited:
The second year rebound from an ACL is a real phenomenon it seems, so he should be better than last year.

Yes, and he was certainly a significant contributor last year when he was on the field. But whether the improvement from a second year of healing will be greater than the decline from age, who knows? (We all know what we hope!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes