PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great reading material !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love Bill Simmons! Absolutely awesome. Made my day.

QB12

Excellent, great post.

An e-mail from famed Hollywood producer Bob Ryan:

"Hey, Bill, I have a movie pitch for you, I want you to write it. Let's say there's this new football announcing team, and one of the guys has been allowed to contradict himself and make dumb proclamations for far too long, to the point that it's hard to take him seriously anymore, and then his network decided to team him up with someone who's conditioned from years and years of radio and TV work to challenge every dumb sports-related argument he hears. And these guys were forced to announce games together for the next 17 weeks. Is that something you might be interested in?"

That's AWESOME.

Excellent read. Thanks.

Always a great read.

Yes, it was, and I especially liked the way it ended.

Brady as assassin -- works for me!

BrianPat - Great link !! !! !!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060906

I really recommend this as a must read. The humor of much of it is .... priceless. And if what you are into is Patriots worship, just look at these paragraphs:

To Tom Brady, who has the same look on his face that Uma Thurman had after she left the hospital in "Kill Bill." I don't think he's cracked a smile since the Denver game: No more magazine covers, very few interviews, very few public appearances … just a lot of lifting, throwing and scowling for nine straight months. The man is possessed. You have to believe me. And wait until you see how they perfected the two-tight end gimmick. Load up on the run and they send the big guys downfield. Play the pass and they chip away for four yards a pop with Dillon and Maroney. And did I mention that a pissed off Brady will be doing the audibling at the line? It's like an unstoppable Madden offense sprung to life. Throw in an easy schedule and you can put the Pats down for 11-12 wins, even without Deion Branch (who dropped a number of big catches last season, by the way). I know, I know, you think I'm biased. Just wait.
So who's left? New England and Philly. Just keep in mind, I have been to exactly three Super Bowls in my life, with each trip having been decided well in advance. Each time, my favorite team (the Pats) showed up and won the title. I'm three-for-three.
Why is this relevant, you ask? Because I'm going to the Super Bowl next February in Miami … and so are the Patriots. It's destiny.
How can you not love a read like that ?? :) :) :) :)

arrellbee said:
BrianPat - Great link !! !! !!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/060906

I really recommend this as a must read. The humor of much of it is .... priceless. And if what you are into is Patriots worship, just look at these paragraphs:

How can you not love a read like that ?? :) :) :) :)
Ya might as well include his SB prediction at the end:
Pats 27, Eagles 20.

That Simmons sure is something !

Have always enjoyed page 2. Bill has a way with words and strikes home everytime!!! Thanks for posting!

This right here is the absolute best
I mean, Peyton Manning could be 63 and walking around with a colostomy bag and Peter King would still be claiming that this will be his season. Give it up. It's not happening. If anything, he's one more January collapse from going A-Rod on us.

I laughed out load at work when I read this

Re: Bill Simmons hillarious column on ESPN.com

I love Simmons. I'll admit, it's pretty homerish, but he makes valid points about the Colts and Dolphins.

So who's left? New England and Philly. Just keep in mind, I have been to exactly three Super Bowls in my life, with each trip having been decided well in advance. Each time, my favorite team (the Pats) showed up and won the title. I'm three-for-three.

Why is this relevant, you ask? Because I'm going to the Super Bowl next February in Miami … and so are the Patriots. It's destiny.

Pats 27, Eagles 20.

woooohhoooooooo!!!!!

I thought this was an excellent point(possibly):

"Fortunately for Dolphins fans, they might have the easiest schedule in the league -- Chaz Batch in Week 1, four against the Bills and Jets, two against the Packers and Lions, one against the Titans, one against Indy's second string in Week 17."

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes