PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great Read from Howe: Football and family saved Brandon Spikes from bad side of life

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Great Read from Howe: Football and family saved Brandon Spikes from bad side of l

Thanks Ian. Nice read.

Re: Great Read from Howe: Football and family saved Brandon Spikes from bad side of l

A lot of people seem to assume he's a dimwit from his Twitter and whatnot, but he certainly doesn't come off that way in print.

"Spikes’ mother laid the foundation, working 12-hour days at a fiberglass plant."

Love it when some hard working parent gets unexpectedly rewarded in life.

"Everybody that went out, they come home or they go to jail or they get killed. Where is the hope? There’s no hope. Now they see me being successful, went to college, had a great career, here playing decent. There’s hope. At the end of the day, if you have hope and faith, you can do anything.”

Spikes ... met the father of a 5-year-old boy who idolized the Patriots linebacker. The boy was a problem in school, but the father pointed him to Spikes. Now, he’s acting right, playing football and succeeding in the classroom. Hope."

Sadly there are too few fathers in the community taking an active part in child upbringing.

Football and family have saved lives from ruin. Great piece.

A lot of people seem to assume he's a dimwit from his Twitter and whatnot, but he certainly doesn't come off that way in print.

He's not that way in person either. He's actually pretty bright.

Good read. Spikes is one of my favorite players on the team due to his great work ethic, boundless energy, and of course talent. He gives this defense character and (from what it seems) the defense loves him. Very glad we drafted him in '10.

In fairness to Brandon, a LOT of people come off as dimwits on Twitter.

Great read.

Spikes has brought an intensity to this defense that's been lacking since Rodney left. I hope we lock him up soon.

In fairness to Brandon, a LOT of people come off as dimwits on Twitter.

Great read.
I'd prefer that Spikes' Twitter account reflected the real Brandon. Intelligence is far more compelling than idiocy.

Cool, I have a new reason to be a Pats fan...

“If you’re not in that red, blue and white, I don’t know what to say. I’m trying to destroy you any way I can, any chance I get.

...soul-numbing, bottomless terror of being otherwise :D

Cool, I have a new reason to be a Pats fan...

“If you’re not in that red, blue and white, I don’t know what to say. I’m trying to destroy you any way I can, any chance I get.

...soul-numbing, drawer-drenching, bottomless terror of being otherwise :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back