PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great quote from Salisbury!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtbykr

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Sean Salisbury on sportscenter and NFL live said:

"if the pats with another superbowl this year, then vince lombardi needs to share the trophy name with BB---because it will be the greatest coaching job of all time!"

Get well Teddy!

Last edited:
mtbykr said:
Sean Salisbury on sportscenter and NFL live said:

"if the pats with another superbowl this year, then vince lombardi needs to share the trophy name with BB---because it will be the greatest coaching job of all time!"

Get well Teddy!

I heard that. Salisbury also said BB is close (to Lombardi) now. When you think about it, Lombardi had all those incredible (at the time) players, a bunch of them HOFers. The Patriots are lucky to get four guys to the Pro Bowl (just two this year), and BB is winning all the SBs irregardless. Looked up the Lombardi era HOFers:

Jim Taylor, Forrest Gregg, Bart Starr, Ray Nitschke, Herb Adderley, Willie Davis, Jim Ringo, Paul Hornung, Willie Wood and Henry Jordan.

And of course, Coach Lombardi.

I think when it comes to preparing the team that they had to win a football game, these two coaches are the best ever. Well, Bill Walsh and Paul Brown are right there too.

Top four is in your post, poster above me. All four of those coaches have dominated the game, Lombardi and Brown absolutely owned the league though. didn't the Browns win something like 7 straight, and the Packers 5? Unreal!

Its really hard to take in, but I believe its true. If we get lucky and end up winning another superbowl, Bill Belicheck will be considered by most as the best coach ever to serve in the NFL...weird.

skri65 said:
Its really hard to take in, but I believe its true. If we get lucky and end up winning another superbowl, Bill Belicheck will be considered by most as the best coach ever to serve in the NFL...weird.

How can he not? Think about it. All those coaches dominated when it was "allowed" the league is literally built against the Pats. In the cap era, the strong die early, the rich give to the poor. And yet while avoiding death, BB and his Patriots have remained as the top team in the league for almost a decade. Think about that.

A decade of constantly winning championships when your not supposed to, when the very league your in is built against that. IMO, it's without a doubt the greatest coaching job ever if we win again this year. BB would not only of dealt with a record setting injury report, but the constant change of the cap.

None of the other greats had to deal with that.

skri65 said:
But you just said you'd chalk it up to luck this year.

Everyone needs a little bit of luck to win a superbowl IMO. Disagree if you wish, just my opinion.

BionicPatriot said:
Top four is in your post, poster above me. All four of those coaches have dominated the game, Lombardi and Brown absolutely owned the league though. didn't the Browns win something like 7 straight, and the Packers 5? Unreal!

No. No team has ever won more than 3 Championships in a row.

Not the Browns. Not the Packers. No one.

The Packers won 3 Championships twice: 1961,1962,1963 and 1965, 1966,1967,

The Browns only ever won 2 in a row. However, they did GO to the Championship game 6 straight years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back