PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great, now my 2009 Pats calendar is already out of date

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrueBeliever

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Those of you who, like me, buy the new Pats calendar every year probably also check it right away to see how many of the players featured on it are actually still with the team. One year, I swear to God like 5 of the 12 players were already gone by the time I took the shrinkwrap off.

This year, however, they did alright - as of this moment all 12 players are still on the roster. BUT...

The trivia question for January is, "Only one team has been to the Super Bowl more times than the Patriots. Who is it?" (Not exactly what it says, I don't have it in front of me.) And until yesterday, that was true.

The Dallas Cowpokes currently hold the record with 8 Super Bowl berths (5 wins, 3 losses.) Behind them there were three teams tied for second with 6 berths each - NE (3-3), Pittsburgh (5-1) and Denver (2-4). Now, however, the Steelers broke through with their seventh overall appearance in the big dance.

Why no, I'm not happy unless I have something to ***** about, why do you ask? :D

On a related note, should Pittsburgh win on Feb. 1, they will also surpass both the Cowpokes and the 49ers for Super Bowl victories. Right now all three teams hold the record with 5 each. And while I know a lot of us here don't want the Steelers to win, at least they'd beat the 'Boys and the Whiners at something. ;)

...while I know a lot of us here don't want the Steelers to win, at least they'd beat the 'Boys and the Whiners at something. ;)

Sorry, not good enough. Go Cards! :D

Last edited:
What team has been to the most Super Bowls since 1986?

Patriots with 6!

The worst part is of the 12 players pictured, 5 were on IR, and 2 were injuried for the last few games.

Is it any worse that the "Yearbook", which typically has at least a dozen players featured that are no longer on the roster by day 1? That thing is an annual joke, but it does have great pix.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back