PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great News! Simmons picks the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remember kids, the predictive value of sportswriters picks is 0! Knowledge is power! To the people, even!

If there is any correlations, Prisco (CBS) also picked the Jets.

Good omens indeed! :D

What do you expect from the ultimate fairweather fan? The guy was pulling for the Celtics to tank the '07 season just to get a higher draft choice and presumably make the team better. After the Celtics won he was blabbin' about why he stayed true even in down times. He's an insult to fans of any sports team.

Just wait for the day the Pats stun the Chargers or Colts this year and he'll come back around and blab about how we're living in 2001 all over again.

I really hope his comment about this year being the last year he's doing this thing is true. Simmons is terrible.

Reverse karma.

He's a weird guy like that.

As long as they pick up the round when it's their turn. :cool:

Then again there is always that guy that doesn't and of course he is "that guy", moral of the story.. don't be that guy

I don't see why people hate Simmons so much. If he's guilty of anything it's the fact that he overcompensates at times on trying to appear unbiased, which is something plenty of national sportswriters with known rooting interests do.

I find him consistently entertaining, but as someone said, I don't put a lot of stock in the picks of a guy whose wife consistently outpicks him. And btw, I don't think that he puts much stock in his picks either. It's meant to entertain, which should have been obvious because 90% of the time he forgoes actual analysis for pop culture references. I just read it as a parody of the ridiculousness of "Expert Picks".

Bill Simmons is awesome and one of the most enjoyable writers ever.

Yeah it's lame he's already given up on the season, but whatever.

What do you expect from the ultimate fairweather fan? The guy was pulling for the Celtics to tank the '07 season just to get a higher draft choice and presumably make the team better. After the Celtics won he was blabbin' about why he stayed true even in down times. He's an insult to fans of any sports team.

Umm seriously? Did you even go to any of the games in 07? Everyone was rooting for them to tank. I went to a lot of games that year (ticket prices were ridiciously cheap) and people would root for them to make the game exciting, play hard, and lose. Everyone would go home happy. Don't castigate him for doing what every other Celtics fan did that year.

I used to really enjoy reading Simmons when he still lived in Mass. I loved how he would throw together sports, movies and pop culture in his writing. But he's not the same anymore. He seems less biting and more shmaltzy. Moving out west and getting famous haven't helped his writing, IMO.

I agree with PatJew. Maybe his fans expect too much of the same from him. What do I know. I think he wrote this column stoned or drunk. Just a weird vibe from all Pat fans this week. Everybody is recalibrating their BS meter or something.

Umm seriously? Did you even go to any of the games in 07? Everyone was rooting for them to tank.

I don't even pull for the Celtics - anyway it's stupid to pull for your team to tank.

(bracing for the "how are you a Pats fan but not a Celtics fan?" reply)

I don't even pull for the Celtics - anyway it's stupid to pull for your team to tank.

(bracing for the "how are you a Pats fan but not a Celtics fan?" reply)

Because basketball sucks? :D

I'm glad the Celtics won because I love Boston. But really... only slightly more awesome than baseball and golf. :rolleyes:

Because basketball sucks? :D

I'm glad the Celtics won because I love Boston. But really... only slightly more awesome than baseball and golf. :rolleyes:

Nah, Rich is a big Lakers fan, which he took alot of flak for in June. :D

Anyway, basketball is the (second) best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes