PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great - more scripted obnoxious noise at games coming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't be too snarky :) -- the Pats' reported 50,000-person waiting list will melt quickly away once Brady retires.

WRONG.

The BackLog in Season Tickets dates to about 12 seconds after Bill Parcels got hired...and will remain a BackLog as long as Robert Kraft or someone'f'is caliber is running things.

You've obviously got New EngLand fans mixed up with those'f Orlando, or wherever you're from.

As long as the team's Leadership isn't an embarrassment to us ~ which it had been for the entire 33 years before Robert Kraft saved the Franchise for us, shortly after Parcels was hired ~ we're the most devoted, loyal, discerning, and knowledgeable fans in the World, thank you very much.

I don't think that we're much different than any other NFL fans. We all like winners.

As my name suggests, I've been a fan of this team from the very beginning. Yes, there have been embarrassing moments, but it wasn't all bad.

The Parilli years were pretty bad, but they weren't an embarrassment yet.

The Grogan years were pretty good, and if not for a blatant theft in 76 we wouldn't have had to wait so long for our first title. The 85 run was also great. I'll never forget those three stunning road wins that got us to the SB. The problem was that we had to be the sacrificial lambs to the greatest defense that I've ever seen.

The Bledsoe years were only okay, and it ended very poorly when Tuna slithered out of town during what should have been a happy time, but there was still some success.

Then we were blessed with Belichick (thanks Jets) and Brady (thanks to 31 NFL teams). Throw in the Krafts as owners and things have been peaches and cream ever since.

In the Patriot year 12AB, I feel blessed.

Don't get me wrong: I'm not suggesting that the entire first 30 years were one long Trail of Tears!! Considering the success we had in EACH of those decades, I'm obviously having a chuckle at the expense of the Sullivan/Kiam Pre-Kraft "Leadership", and the MANY travails we Fans were beset by, over those years.

MIND You:

1 ~ Nobody's saying that the Frenzy won't ease off a bit, should we come back to the Pack.

2 ~ And no fan base is likely to remain RABID in the face of persistent Bad Leadership.

3 ~ And every Fan base is infested with Pink Hats.

4 ~ But the Season Ticket BackLog goes back to 1994 ~ YEARS before we won the Big One!!

5 ~ And we have always been remarkably resilient and loyal to our teams.

6 ~ And we've never been the kind of fans to drop a team just because they fall on hard times.

7 ~ All New EngLand requires is a team worth rooting for...and we'll be there.

Don't be too snarky :) --

the Pats' reported 50,000-person waiting list will melt quickly away once Brady retires.

WRONG.

The BackLog in Season Tickets dates to about 12 seconds after Bill Parcels got hired...and will remain a BackLog as long as Robert Kraft or someone'f'is caliber is running things.

You've obviously got New EngLand fans mixed up with those'f Orlando, or wherever you're from.

As long as the team's Leadership isn't an embarrassment to us ~ which it had been for the entire 33 years before Robert Kraft saved the Franchise for us, shortly after Parcels was hired ~ we're the most devoted, loyal, discerning, and knowledgeable fans in the World, thank you very much.

Bite me. I've been a Pats fan since 1976 and while I couldn't afford season tickets when they were last obtainable, up until my kid was born a few years ago I've been to at least two games a year since '76, including in such "wonderful" seasons as 1990.

Yeah, sure: Whatever you say, Pal!!
jester.gif

Anyway, virtually all of the current waiting list is post-2001

Wrong AGAIN, Chumpzilla!!
jester.gif

The Season Ticket BackLog dates back to 1994!!
icon_arrow.gif

Official Website of the New England Patriots | Tickets - Season Ticket Wait List

Whoops!!
icon_redface.gif
:bricks:

Maybe next time you should get a CLUE what Reality is BEFORE you toss the entire New EngLand FanBase under the bus...what do you think??
th_coffee.gif

Obviously, I was exaggerating for a chuckle with my "12 Seconds" bit, but going from a Desolate WasteLand to Season Ticket BackLog in 1 YEAR speaks HIGHLY of our Fans...and our faith in Kraft!! :rocker:

The Patriots have sold out every postseason, regular season, and even preseason game at Gillette Stadium since Robert Kraft bought the team.

Does that include the pre-gillette years? Gillette Stadium was only built after the 2001 superbowl win and a superbowl win helps ticket sales I must imagine.

Read what you quote, moron. That only says the stadium has been sold out since 1994. It doesn't say the waiting list goes back to 1994.

I know people who got on the list in 1999 who just got season tickets last year. And someone a few posts earlier on this very thread said he got on the list in 1998 and got his STs in 2009.

So I stand by what I said -- the vast majority of the people currently on the waiting list got on it post-2001.

Read what you quote, moron.

That only says the stadium has been sold out since 1994.

It doesn't say the waiting list goes back to 1994.

Supportive evidence, Genius. Do you need me to explain the concept? ;)

If you need a First Hand Account for the point to sink into your spongy skull, I can provide one: I had to get on the Waiting List way back in 1996, myself ~ before dropping back off a couple years later on account of being DIRT POOR!! :eek: ~ at which point ~ 1996 ~ I was told there was about a 2 year BackLog, as best they could estimate...I imagine that even YOU can handle that math!! ;)

So much for your "2001" sewage!!
icon_redface.gif
jester.gif

But that's all right: You go right on believing that Patriots fans are all Pink Hat Chumps, if that makes you feel better about yourself. :)

Supportive evidence, Genius. Do you need me to explain the concept? ;)

If you need a First Hand Account for the point to sink into your spongy skull, I can provide one: I had to get on the Waiting List way back in 1996, myself ~ before dropping back off a couple years later on account of being DIRT POOR!! :eek: ~ at which point ~ 1996 ~ I was told there was about a 2 year BackLog, as best they could estimate...I imagine that even YOU can handle that math!! ;)

So much for your "2001" sewage!!
icon_redface.gif
jester.gif

But that's all right: You go right on believing that Patriots fans are all Pink Hat Chumps, if that makes you feel better about yourself. :)

Sort of implies a 10 YEAR BACK LOG...DOESN'T IT?? :eek:

Like I said:

The BACK LOG has been in affect for almost 20 YEARS, my friend.

However LONG the Back Log is is entirely BESIDES the point.

My sympathies if that concept's too large for you. :)

You might want to re-think your posts, because you're making his point for him.

You might want to re-think your posts, because you're making his point for him.

Wrong.

Check again.

His "point" is that those on the Waiting List will FLEE as soon as Brady retires.

And he's full of crap.

As are you.

Do you need me to link it for you? :)

Good Lord, what am I DOING??? :eek:

It's Friday AfterNoon, and it's BEAUTY outside!!

Gentlemen: The last word ~ or words ~ are ALL yours. :D

Forgive me if I don't return to this Thread to read them:

Life is just too short to waste on meaningless squabbles.

May our next discussions be INFINITELY more constructive. :cool:

Wrong.

Check again.

His "point" is that those on the Waiting List will FLEE as soon as Brady retires.

And he's full of crap.

As are you.

Do you need me to link it for you? :)

Anyway, virtually all of the current waiting list is post-2001

That's what I'm referring to.

Your follow up claim:

Sort of implies a 10 YEAR BACK LOG...DOESN'T IT??

2012-10=2002

I've got no dog in this fight, but your argument was making his point, which is all I said.

Don't be too snarky :) -- the Pats' reported 50,000-person waiting list will melt quickly away once Brady retires.

It depends on whether BB goes at the same time and whether the team is any good the year after Brady (gulp) retires. But I agree, we shouldn't be snarky. There but for the grace of you-know-who goes us.

If I recall correctly, the waiting list had a spike when Kraft announced the Hartford move. Lots of us West of 495 saw a much shorter drive. I know that's what made me finally pull the trigger. When they dumped the Hartford move I said to myself lets wait and see what happens. With the greater seating capacity of Gillette I thought I might get right in. When is signed up I'm pretty sure the web site said the waiting list was about 10,000. Little did I know I'd have an eleven year wait. If it's 50,000 now then it's true, the majority of the waiting list is post Superbowl 36.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back