PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great job Maroney!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion of him is proportional to his standing in the league versus other running backs. He wasn't even the better all purpose back here before Sammy got hurt.

If and when he gets it together to start dominating some games then my opinion of him, relative to other top RBs, will have to change.

I do think he's a good change up back with Morris as the feature back, but as we've said all along, that isn't why they spent a first round pick on him. He was supposed to be dominant. He's not. He's adequate. I don't know how you spin that into a good bargain for a first round pick, but I sure don't.

I do hope he gets it together and proves that the pick was well spent. I just doubt that is going to happen.

But the patriots don't run the ball as much as many of the other team's in the league. How can you compare him to other top RB's when the patriots are a heavily pass-oriented offense?

I also disagree that he wasn't better than Morris when Morris was healthy.

I think you set your expectations for Maroney a little high just because he's a first rounder. He wasn't a high first rounder expected to come in and dominate. I doubt the patriots drafted him with the expectations of a dominant player within a year or 2. He's done well when called upon and is improving in many areas that the Patriots request of him like pass blocking.

Remember BB's quote at the beginning of the year when asked about maroney being the "feature" back. "Those are your words not mine". It doesn't seem the Patriots have expected what the fans have expected, but it does seem the Patriots are pleased with his play and progress thus far.

Credit where credit is due! Good job today Maroney!

I could not agree more.....I did not have the luxury of watching the game live this week....and had to rely on ESPN webcast for each play.....but LoMo....and the offensive line's blocking schemes were damned good today...especially considering the weather.....LoMo gets a HUGE congrats for posting a 100 yard effort....lets hope there is more of this to come....GO PATS.....ONLY THE 2nd TEAM IN NFL HISTORY TO GO 14-O thus far!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes