PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great history refresher, especially for the younger crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Kraft parlays parking lots into thriving franchise

good overview.
The Sullivans were always in financial straits.

Smesh, you entire post was right on the money and well articulated. I did find the above quote interesting in that the ONLY reason Parcells had some "sustained true growth" with the Giants was that he was FORCED to stay. IIRC after the first superbowl, didn't he try to get out of town, only to be forced to finish his contract.

No, you are perfectly correct. This guy is just a turnaround artist. He does well in turning around disasters, but SUSTAINING success is MUCH MUCH harder, and Bill has PROVEN, he doesn't have the chops to do it.

In fact to his credit, I think he knows his limitations and THAT's why he runs for the hills after some initial success. If there is one thing Parcells knows well is to get off the stage on a high note.

What Kraft has accomplished here is nothing short of ground breaking. Since 94' this team has had just ONE losing season. In the way the NFL is set up. In this competitive environment that just AMAZING.

I wholeheartedly agree. Parcells has made his bones taking over a team with only one way to go, mortgages the future to win now, and then leaves before the after effects show.

However, Following on the heels of a Sam Jankovic/Rod Rust/Victor Kiam horror show, when the home games were blacked out and nobody G.A.S. about the Patriots, Parcells and Bledsoe turned things around 180 degrees in short order.

Krafts were the visionaries and they deserve the glory ....for that...well done ..now...lets kick some Jet azz...

GO Pats

I wholeheartedly agree. Parcells has made his bones taking over a team with only one way to go, mortgages the future to win now, and then leaves before the after effects show.

However, Following on the heels of a Sam Jankovic/Rod Rust/Victor Kiam horror show, when the home games were blacked out and nobody G.A.S. about the Patriots, Parcells and Bledsoe turned things around 180 degrees in short order.

They did indeed. But the Patriots had had their good times before. The trouble was that the whole organization was so dysfunctional that you just about knew that any upswing would be temporary. The end of the Chuck Fairbanks era was characteristic. It's that that Mr Kraft changed -- and why I will always be grateful to him.

They did indeed. But the Patriots had had their good times before. The trouble was that the whole organization was so dysfunctional that you just about knew that any upswing would be temporary. The end of the Chuck Fairbanks era was characteristic. It's that that Mr Kraft changed -- and why I will always be grateful to him.

Heck..... the whole fan base was dysfunctional. Howie Long had a great story about his last game as a Raider playing in Sullivan Stadium. He said they wore their helmets on the sidelines because some yahoos were throwing snowballs with batteries inside them at them. Fans over the visiting team's tunnel were dumping beer and other fluids on them as they tried to exit at halftime.

Times were so bad, and the plumbing atrocious, that some fans just relieved themselves from the top of the stands over the side.

It may have been the same game where so many fans were arrested that the cops didn't have room for them all, and a bunch were handcuffed to the fence. When the cops went to get more cuffs, another enterprising fan was using a set of bolt cutters to free those cuffed to the fence.

There was also the time the fans tore down the goal posts and, trying to cross the road, hit the power lines.

It was a whole 'nuther world back then..... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back