PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great Game Eagles

Status
Not open for further replies.

drew4008

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Sheesh, what a nailbiter.

Their OL was just massive and kept off our pass rush all game. Feeley picked apart our zones, and they had some great blitz packages which scared me every time Brady stepped back. Brian Dawkins was playing his ass off out there shadowing Randy Moss too. We made some mistakes for sure, but give the Eagles their due, great game played by them.

Absolutely ... good thread. They took their strengths right to us ... good rush and tough secondary. Brady tried his best to exploit the middle to get their LB's to drop back but they did not bite. They were playing their own version of bend but don't break.

I think we could have rushed more to keep them off balance ... or at least use some 2 back sets to make their secondary play the run.

I said the other week that I did not understand why teams don't pressure Brady up the middle ... the Eagles did it tonight and Brady proved his greatness by playing to the very end.

Let's hope we get our game up a notch ... and also ... I'd love to have Feely as our backup QB all day long. I wanted him when he left the Dolphins ... he's a very competant QB ... better than some starters out there now.

That team is definitely better than that 5-6 record. But, I assume they are a different team with McNabb, and I admit I haven't watched many Eagles games lately.

They should be very encouraged, they had a great game plan and executed extremely well. It's a good thing we have #12 to lead us when the game is on the line.

I'm glad we don't have to play them again, and I wish I put money on that ridiculous spread.

OK, I'll give credit to the opponent. That was a very hard played game by the Eagles.

I'm still trying to figure out our own game plan...things like WTF?! and so on. I'm happy that we pulled it out but that was strange.

The Eagles played a great game. Very worth opponents!

The Eagles played great tonight! I can't believe the game calling on our part, just no variation to speak of and it allowed the Eagles to tee off on our passing game. I was just waiting for Brady or one of our receivers to get killed.

That team is definitely better than that 5-6 record. But, I assume they are a different team with McNabb, and I admit I haven't watched many Eagles games lately.

They should be very encouraged, they had a great game plan and executed extremely well. It's a good thing we have #12 to lead us when the game is on the line.

I'm glad we don't have to play them again, and I wish I put money on that ridiculous spread.

When they learn to move on from McKnobb they will move forward. Their defense is not the problem ... McKnobb-Head is and has always been the problem.

Yeah, damn, I'll pile on. The Eagles played a great game. Westbrook is a beast, Feeley was damn good. Are they worse with McNabb? If they played like they played tonight every week, they'd be 10-1, not 5-6.

The Eagles played great tonight! I can't believe the game calling on our part, just no variation to speak of and it allowed the Eagles to tee off on our passing game. I was just waiting for Brady or one of our receivers to get killed.

That was even more true on defense. No discernible adjustments. The coaches had a terrible night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes