PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great example of how the media can spin a story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe it's payback for the Pats not returning Peter King's text messages.

I don't ever recall reading comments to si.com stories before, I guess I rarely go to their site. Now I know why. It was pretty weird - essentially 100 + pages (I only checked the first and last page, I'm assuming the rest were the same) of comments that had absolutely nothing to do with the story. It looked like they have a couple dozen or so people that use the comment section to talk to each other about what they did over the weekend, who they are seeing, etc., - from the time they wake up till they go to sleep! I felt awkward just being there, as if I was eavesdropping on a private conversation.

I've seen hundreds too many articles, in sports and otherwise, where the author seems to only go for the juicy story. Meanwhile, they ignore the truth which is staring them straight in the face.
If ESPN, SI and other national publications were twice as credible as they currently are, they'd still have no journalistic integrity. I can't believe how badly this story has been handled, along with the steroid scandals the past couple of years in MLB.
I don't see much intelligence in properly analysing all facets of the current events in Spygate, for instance, and I see little more than tabloid journalism. ESPN quit covering good ole' X's and O's and starting become drama queens quite a whiles back, I'm afraid to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back