Welcome to PatsFans.com

Great Decider is deciding to outsource 9 military plants to Dubai...

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by DarrylS, Apr 28, 2006.

1. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +707 / 20 / -30

Here we go again the great decider is deciding to outsource 9 military plants to Dubai, there has to be an alterior motive to all of this, I suspect there will be a similar outcry to last time he did it... there is so much stuff going on in this country a reasonable person would think that he might focus on something different.. I guess Karl did not tell him that he spent all of his political capital and his ratings were falling off of the chart..

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/04/28/washington/28dubai.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

Bush Set to Approve Takeover of 9 Military Plants by Dubai
    E-MailPrint Reprints Save

By JIM RUTENBERG and DAVID E. SANGER
    Published: April 28, 2006
    WASHINGTON, April 27 — President Bush is expected on Friday to announce his approval of a deal under which a Dubai-owned company would take control of nine plants in the United States that manufacture parts for American military vehicles and aircraft, say two administration officials familiar with the terms of the deal.

The officials, who were granted anonymity so they could speak freely about something the president had not yet announced, said that the final details had not yet been set and that Mr. Bush might put conditions on the transaction to keep military technology in the United States.

2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

This guy is toast. The remainder of his "presidency" will be spent whipping up schemes to move public opinion from hating his simian guts to being scared sh!tless. What works best for these animals is keeping the people afraid and they'll be doing something soon to fire-up the fear machine.

3. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

He might be playing the bad cop role. Thus allowing the Republican Congress to step in and 'save' us. Its going to take some very shrewd political maneuvering to keep the Repubs in control of the House this November.

4. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

I am in no way shape or form cool with this. But on the other hand British owned companies have been bidding and winning contracts with the government for years, Canadian companies as well, I understand the difference. Two things you need to keep in mind about this situation. 1. Dubai is (at this point) an ally. 2. The owners of the corporation in most cases has no idea what exactly the employees are doing for the government, he may know the generic stuff but not the specifics. I do a lot of things that I could never discuss with the owners of my company, I would lose my clearance. It is compartmented information and that applies to everything.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2006
  5. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +115 / 10 / -15

#37 Jersey

You are more obsessed and brainwashed about Karl Rove than anyone I have ever seen or heard.

6. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

You can't possibly believe that. Dubai is an ally at this point? You need to get outside for a couple of weeks and cleaar your head. Every country on the Arabian peninsula is our ENEMY...got it?

7. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +723 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

Liberals are allowed to be racist when they choose to be - they're just apalled when someone else appears to be.

8. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

It's not racism - it's a position against the government of the UAE. This company is owned by the government of the UAE, the British companies are at least private enterprises.

9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +723 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

And they are one of our few allies over there. Face it, Liberals are against racism unless it's a group of people they don't like. Middle easterners - yuck ;)

10. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I don't think political leaning has anything to do with racism one way or another, there are liberal racists just like there are conservative racists. But if you're going to sit here and say that it's OK to have the government of the UAE handling our sensitive military technology (and we don't know that, but assuming that's the case), then I know you don't even believe what you're saying. The government of the UAE does have a lot of shady history behind it, and whether or not they're an ally, they're not that much of our ally. It's not racism, it's that our interests aren't linked as closely with them as with, say, the UK. By the way, I wouldn't want the government of the UK handling our military technology either.

11. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

So Qatar is our enemy? Kuwait? Jordan? Dubai? Turkey? Bahrain? Some of the people living in the country are our enemy but not the government or the country as a whole! Got it?

12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +723 / 17 / -19

#24 Jersey

I know, I'm just pointing out the hypocracy of Liberals who frequently calls Republicans racist.

I'm not saying I'm in favor of this. Just pointing out Liberal Hypocracy.

13. Pujo

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

I know you are, but in this case there isn't any. Maybe there's hypocracy in general with liberals thinking they're incapable of racism, but the argument here is based on a government's policy and not race, there's no contradiction of principles.

14. scout

scout Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

I thought with the advent of the Patriot Act, illegal wiretapping, and secret torture prisons, that we were heading in the direction of going one step beyond with our interests in security. Evidently, not.

15. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Jordan, Kuwait and Turkey are not on the Arabian Peninsula...got it?
    Have some more coolaid before the ice melts...:cool:

16. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

It's not a liberal thing. It's a "somebody with a brain and a memory" thing. I wasn't aware there was such a thing as an "Arab" race. It's more of a language association, last I heard.

17. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

That is a pretty weak argument! What about Bahrain they are not on a peninsula, you forgot them! You ignored my point and came back with pure geography, I'm not tracking on that one!

18. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

Oh, my mistake...Bahrain clearly is not on the Arabian Peninsula. It's actually an island off the coast of the Arabian Peninsula...kinda like the way Long Island isn't on North America. Geography matters in the context of middle east politics...thus the reference to "middle east". Get it yet?

My point is that all of these backward, medieval kingdoms are governed by fascist royal families directly associated to the emirate system that is closely related to the royal "family" of the KofSA. The KofSA is one of - if not the principal enemy of the USA. They fund terrorism, along with their Arab friends and their money-laundering bank system. They are all culturally, economically and geographically related. Their friends in OPEC from "the peninsula" are no friends of the US and always act in their own interest above all else. We are only good to them as long as they can sell their oil to us. Have you never considered this? I know you have and you are only spewing the company line when you argue this. You can't possibly believe Bahrain, UAE, Yemen, and KofSA are our friends or even reliable allies.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...l=en&lr=&start=1&sa=X&oi=images&ct=image&cd=1

19. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

There is no company line. But I don't consider Yemen a friend. I agree money talks and that makes a difference. Ok maybe we have to establish what is an ally in the middle east, so far Qatar is by far the best. They have helped us alot and they are probably the most westernized Arab country. But we can't just dismiss these countries as enemies or else we compound the problem. We need to establish that the US is not against the Arab world, but against the small pathetic sector of the Islam religion that believes in killing everybody. If we generically state that the UAE is a terrorist supporting country, we lose a lot. We lose the people that may have been on the fence and we lose the government that might support us privately and most importantly see us as a trading partner that they don't want to pissoff. It is a delicate balance, but we need not make it worse. We need to systematically isolate the countries that have a history and a government that fosters and supports terrorism. We can't do that without the help of the modest Arab countries.

20. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

What exactly do we lose if we state that the UAE is a terrorist supporting country? You say we need to "isolate countries that have a history and a government that fosters and supports terrorism". UAE absolutely falls into that category at least within the last five years, maybe less. They are a phony democracy with an entore house of their "Assembly" appointed by the Emir, now referred to as "king" of Qatar. Their laws are subject to subordination to Sharia Law and are severely discriminatory towards women. We do not need their help or co-operation. What do we lose? They are no more our friend than the KofSA. I fail to see the reason for your support of this unholy alliance with the terrorist states of the Arabian Peninsula, other than the chimp says so.