Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Curran: Nobody's done it better than Brady

[quote="Curran]
INDIANAPOLIS – Tom Brady arrived in Indianapolis this week with the nice, clean record of 140-40 as a starter.

That’s only 100 games over .500, including the playoffs, in his 10 years as a starting QB. An average year for Brady has been 14-4.

No other quarterback has ever been 100 games over .500. No other quarterback has even come close.

(snip)

You think all the experts who told everyone Brady was a borderline NFL player three years earlier were going to acknowledge that – by 2004 – he was the league’s best player? Of course not.

Imagine if Peyton Manning led game-winning drives in the final two minutes of his first two Super Bowls, as Brady did in 2001 and 2003 There’d have been coffee table books made. Maybe a miniseries.

Instead, even in New England, those two drives have been discounted by analysts because A) the Patriots were tied in those games and not trailing and B) they only led to game-winning field goals, not touchdowns. I’m not making that up.
[/quote]

Good for Curran, much like the last Super Bowl i have found myself tuningout all the media BS because it is off the charts stupid. the last 3-4 times i have flipped to ESPN they have been talking about the awesome Giants defense, which allowed more points than their offense scored, how Eli is actually better than Brady, which is like saying Vince Carter is better than Micheal Jordan, and Now the douche Bayless claiming the Patriots are "desperate," which stayed on less than 1 second. it's worthless, can't wait for the game so all this crap ends.

Good for Curran, much like the last Super Bowl i have found myself tuningout all the media BS because it is off the charts stupid. the last 3-4 times i have flipped to ESPN they have been talking about the awesome Giants defense, which allowed more points than their offense scored, how Eli is actually better than Brady, which is like saying Vince Carter is better than Micheal Jordan, and Now the douche Bayless claiming the Patriots are "desperate," which stayed on less than 1 second. it's worthless, can't wait for the game so all this crap ends.
The sad part if the pats win these ass clowns will act like they never had a doubt. They'll be no mention of what was said this week, the line from all of them will be the Pats are the greatest.

Last edited:
the guy makes this an awesome piece, great writing Curran, keep it up

if the guy is not a patriots fan, its a shame, he understands Brady, and is not blinded by hatred, jealousy, or whatever else some of these other mediots suffer chronically from

The sad part if the pats win these ass clowns will act like they never had a doubt. They'll be no mention of what was said this week, the line from all of them will be the Pats are the greatest.

Some will, others, like Chris Carter, Douche Bayless etc.. will call the Patriots the worst team to win a Super Bowl and will tout a Giants team that may well be the worst to ever play in it. They were 9-7 and scored fewer points than they allowed, no team has ever won a SB at 9-7 and no team has even been to the Bowl when they allowed more points than they scored, which is the hallmark of a truly bad team. I think the Giants are actually a little better than their stats indicate but don't see how all these clowns and shriek endlessly about the Patriots defensive yardage numbers while ignoring points allowed, and the Giants inconsistencies and deficiencies, which are very obvious to all.

OTOH, Brady has led a total of 5 4th quarter drives to take the lead in the Super Bowl. (1 in 36, 2 in 38, 1 in 39, 1 in 42).

Impressive, most impressive.

Last edited:
G.O.A.T.

Pretty much sums it up

First they'll say the Pats are great...BUT...Brady got lucky, the ref is blind, they were offsides on that td, that shouldn't have been called a completion, they got away with a lot of holding, McDaniels was in the booth spying on us, and finally the famous...sometimes the best team doesn't win.

They'll also bring up the old spygate nonsense to disqualify his first 3. Anything to convince us E.Manning is HOF bound and Rodgers is the best QB in today's NFL. It's pure BS.

I can't even watch ESPN, they are overreacting to Gronk's ankle injury as if the Pats are dead without him. Gronk's great, but there's three other recievers who are just as effective, even when he went out against the Ravens, the offense had not lost or gained any more step than they had with him. Expect Hernandez, BJGE and OchoCinco to tear it up Sunday.

In the end, the only way he'll get the unanimous respect that he deserves, is to do what nobody else has done, and win five Superbowls.

I know Bart Starr has five championships, but in the age before free agency it was an entirely different game.

Without the five rings, there'll always be naysayers who have their favorite binkies to tout.

I've always thought that five was Brady's goal, and seeing his intensity and frustration as each year of his career goes by, it's looking more and more like an obsession.

His stats are just insane. My favorite: In 10 full seasons as a starting QB he's been to the Superbowl 5 times. Not bad...

That's the basis for the GOAT argument if they win this game. Brady will have the 4th ring, the record for play-off wins, the all time wins and winning percentage (not a record yet)--but he's got the upper hand on those in the conversation because Favre isn't in it.

Beyond this Brady isn't done yet, and I think he's playing at least 4 more years at a high level. He could walk with most of the records and a couple more rings when all is said and done, and at a certain point it will be so obvious that an argument cannot be made against it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes