Great Blue North "Final" Draft Grades for "06"

Status
Not open for further replies.

patpatriot

Banned
Reaction score
Here's a live link to the GBN site:

http://www.gbnreport.com/2006midseasondraftgrades.html

Here's the Pat's grade...I'd up it to an A due to Thomas latest play and more flashes of Jackson's potential in the return games as well as what's-his-name the 7th round rookie safety/ST player. Also add in the fact that Woods and Mays have made the team...still...what could we have done in round 2...?????

New England... What would a draft be without the Patriots coming up with a gem or two. This year, for example, New England got one of the steal's of the draft in OT Ryan O'Callaghan, a 330-pound 5th rounder who was a rock on the right side after starting from day one. Meanwhile, RB Laurence Maroney, taken 21st overall, was everything the Patriots expected as he rushed for 745 yards in support of incumbent starer Corey Dillon, added another couple of 100 yards on 22 receptions, and averaged a solid 28 yards per return running back KOs. On the other hand, the Patriots didn't get much of a return on their investment in receivers Chad Jackson, a WR taken in the second round, and TEs David Thomas and Garrett Mills, selected in the 3rd and 4th rounds respectively as the trio contributed just 24 receptions combined, although Jackson did score three times; meanwhile, Thomas played well the last couple of weeks of the schedule in place of an injured Ben Watson. And PK Stephen Gostowski, a 4th round pick this year, was slow to make people in New England forget Adam Vinatieri as he hit on under 80% of his FG attempts missing four from inside the 40... First-year grade: B+

Last edited:
i hate how everyone thinks O'Callaghan is still starting..didnt Kazcur start taking over slowly before O'C got hurt?

i think hes a great run blocker but people calling him very good and all that..

active for 11 games..started 6...people are missing the fact that he isnt started anymore and Kazcur was getting more reps before injury and that he hasnt seen the field in awhile.

^that goes to the statement where it says "Been rock solid since starting from Day 1"

It burns me up!

The one player that the pats whiffed on that I can't believe is Anderson. What were they thinking? Garret Mills over Anderson....what were they thinking???....ggggrrrrr

Re: It burns me up!

The one player that the pats whiffed on that I can't believe is Anderson. What were they thinking? Garret Mills over Anderson....what were they thinking???....ggggrrrrr

yeah myself and others here wanted us to take Anderson in round 3 or 4 as an OLB

his pass rushing has been proven this year as a part time players. at the very least he would of been a situational pass rusherl ike TBC was before becoming starter and the the most he could of been a great pass rusher and turned into a great OLB with good coaching and hard work

Last edited:

yeah myself and others here wanted us to take Anderson in round 3 or 4 as an OLB

his pass rushing has been proven this year as a part time players. at the very least he would of been a situational pass rusherl ike TBC was before becoming starter and the the most he could of been a great pass rusher and turned into a great OLB with good coaching and hard work

I know it sounds like sour grapes cause the Pats did a bang up job considering where they picked but still...I'd love to know what their thinking was about Anderson where they obviously thought that he wasn't a good fit for their scheme... I wonder why?....Too small????

I know it sounds like sour grapes cause the Pats did a bang up job considering where they picked but still...I'd love to know what their thinking was about Anderson where they obviously thought that he wasn't a good fit for their scheme... I wonder why?....Too small????

win some and you lose some :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes