PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great Bennett's enlightenment story

Status
Not open for further replies.

long distance

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Nice story about a brilliant idea how to get to know people you work with and connect with them beyond working relationship that in turn benefits the very working relationship .. or how the supposed cancer of locker room turns out to be the enlightenment man ..

Bennett got to know his Patriots teammates one ride at a time

“It’s about the people,” Bennett said. “If they get to meet my kids, they play harder for them. You know what I’m saying? I need to make sure [Develin’s] son eats. Little Jimmy got to eat. When little Jimmy wants to eat, I got to make sure I go out there and make my blocks. You know what I’m saying? We’re all responsible for each other to a certain extent.”
_

Id love to have him around for some more years.

By all accounts, he seems like a very interesting fella.

It would be awesome if something could be worked out to audition off some talk time with this guy ... for charity. I'd be all over that.

I would love to see the Patriots prioritize his re-signing.

Nice story about a brilliant idea how to get to know people you work with and connect with them beyond working relationship that in turn benefits the very working relationship .. or how the supposed cancer of locker room turns out to be the enlightenment man ..

“It’s about the people,” Bennett said. “If they get to meet my kids, they play harder for them. You know what I’m saying? I need to make sure [Develin’s] son eats. Little Jimmy got to eat. When little Jimmy wants to eat, I got to make sure I go out there and make my blocks. You know what I’m saying? We’re all responsible for each other to a certain extent.”
_

I read that and thought the same thing. He doesn't seem as high maintenance as I originally thought and he fits in well with the Pats.

I hope he re-signs with the Pats, and I could see BB making it a priority with his love for the special two TE offense.

Such a great story! Thanks for sharing.

I'd heard he'd been carpooling (I think Steve Burton mentioned it on Patriots All-Access) but I didn't realize he'd been spreading it around so much.

It helps explain his relationship with Jacoby Brissett. It wasn't just that he rushed to see him in the locker room after the Houston game, but I noticed that he went over to him after the fumble against the Bills. That's what being a friend and mentor is all about.

And on top of that he's played incredibly well and done whatever the team asked him to. What more could you want?

Yup I read that and I can "cancer" written all over it. Why would the Pats want to keep of a guy like that. :rolleyes:

Seriously, Bennett is a different kind of cat, for sure, but in a great stable organization, his is a kind of difference that can benefit the entire organism and make it more vibrant. Too much of the same kind of DNA (personalities) can lead to a virtual inbreeding effect. It's good to add what Bennett seems to contribute as well as refreshing. Granted after 3 or 4 years, it may get stale or over used, but 3 or 4 years of Marty, can surely be dealt with.

Between this, his interview with Deion Sanders, and his play on the field, I'm really loving this guy: I sure hope we can afford to keep him!

Last edited:
He's not going anywhere! Why would he? He's thriving here and he's seen it first hand elsewhere and not liked it. Based on his play no reason we won't give him a fair but likely friendly deal and he'll likely take it.

I love what Bennett brings to the team and everything has been positive so far. Still, I must admit that in the back of the mind I wonder what will happen when things doesn't go his way. What will happen if he has a great year but doesn't get a contract he thinks he deserves or gets disciplined for making some inappropriate comment like Welker and his foot joke about Rex. Will he be like Moss, plays great until he feels disrespected then shuts it down. Bennett's past history does leave room for some doubt. Still most players mature over time and it seems that Bennett enjoys the players and the culture of the Patriots. What encouraged me is he said that he and Belichick had a long talk when he came here and when asked about it, said that was between Belichick and himself. BB is brutally honest and Bennett knows what is expected from him.

BB has been trying to utilize 2 tight ends since he came and experimented with trying to get the 3rd. The first duo was Daniel Graham and Ben Watson. When Graham left they paired Watson with David Thomas. Thomas then Watson were gone and were replaced by Gronk and Hernandez. We all know what happened to Hernandez and BB has been trying to find a replacement to go with Gronk. First it was Hooman. then Tim Wright followed by Scott Chandler. The current years version is Bennett. I think BB will do everything in his power to keep Bennett based on what I have seen in the first 5 games.

Last edited:
I think it's funny how the media were calling this guy a bust and a bad signing after the first game... Now they want to resign him

Some of those experts are just dummies. We all saw that he did what he was told to do that game, and did it very well.

I think it's funny how the media were calling this guy a bust and a bad signing after the first game... Now they want to resign him

i thought he had chemistry problems with brady

1st game = 3 td's!:D

I am so happy to he both him and Gronk together on the field. Apparently, they've gelled pretty well off the field. That's a REALLY good thing, because it means that if one goes down for whatever reason, we have another athletic, big tight end available.

But two? Man, how many teams are wishing they had just one like either of these guys?

_

My God, sign this fella to an extension now Bill!!!!!!!! Talk about T-E-A-M smh. Gotta love this dude!

Really like this guy...wish the pats got him sooner. Hopefully he can write a children's book about getting a ring.

The media is a bunch of idiots....those that can, do, those that can't, write about it....

I hate the mediots as much as anyone, but i don't remember reading any articles about this being a bad pickup.

I hate the mediots as much as anyone, but i don't remember reading any articles about this being a bad pickup.

I agree, I thought most of that stuff was coming from posters here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back