PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great Article on Pats in USA Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I love about the Pats, is they got to be the way they are when I was mature enough to appreciate what they built. I give these guys all sorts of credit -- when I was in my 20s, no way I would put up with the constraints the Pats impose. Now I'm more mature I admire the people that put all that in place. But I especially admire the guys who go out there -- some of them still kids, really, and none of them very old by my standards -- and understand what the Pats staff is doing.

They make an old man proud.

PFnV

Yeah, that's good!

Thanks for the link, 44.

I love the Vrabel quote at the end where he says "Would you want to be in the meadowlands right now for an extra $100,000" It kinds of shows that all players aren't just about the money *cough*Deion Branch*cough*

Hopefully most of the key guys that are with the patriots now who haven't been other places like Asante start to realize this and elect to stay.

Great to know LoMo doesn't want to find out what happens if he starts some controversies like they do at the Meadowlands!

I love the Vrabel quote at the end where he says "Would you want to be in the meadowlands right now for an extra $100,000" It kinds of shows that all players aren't just about the money *cough*Deion Branch*cough*

I just hope that isn't turned into bulletin board material!! haha. :D

Love Vrabel's comment,and it's exactly that type of thinking which keeps the "core" guys here.
Wasn't it Koppen who recently told the story how the entire line got together and discussed their philosophies and needs- how much it would take to keep them all here? That's amazing; who does that in this league?
Awhile back Brady was asked what his personal thoughts were in regards to signing elsewhere. He said it's not just the money;it's about who you play for,where you want to live,your coach,your teammates, and of course being assured of a good shot at winning it all- every year.
Start tracking our ex-players' successes- maybe they need an armed guard when they go to the bank but come January/Feb they're still on the couch watching. That HAS to be killer,especially for those players who love the game (Willie comes to mind).
Has any ex-Pat won a SB? I can't think of anyone offhand?

Vrabel's comments are great, not sure how many of these guys would like to be on a dysfunctional team for an extra 100K... this gives balance to all those who continually whine about how we shoulda put out the big bucks for Law, McGinnest or Branch.. this team is what it is.

Has any ex-Pat won a SB? I can't think of anyone offhand?

Greg Spires - Tampa Bay 2002 is the only one that comes to mind since the Pats SB era (but, of course, we're only talking two teams).

In the meantime, for all those who said Kraft is cheap - - quit being so superficial and look beyond the book cover:
____
Testaverde appreciates owner Robert Kraft's little touches to make players more comfortable. "You just don't see practice facilities like this," he says. "From the locker rooms, to the fields, to giving us breakfast, lunch and dinner every night. They do it every day, which is outstanding. The places I've been, that wasn't done. Here you work out in the morning, you get a good breakfast. I think it's an edge we have over other teams."

The players can even have sushi if they want. "It's a lot of food, and it's great," says Testaverde, who added, "the lobster ravioli I had the other night wasn't too bad."
___

In September, wide receiver Deion Branch became New England's latest cash casualty. Unable to work out a deal with the MVP of Super Bowl XXXIX, the Patriots traded him to Seattle for a 2007 first-round draft pick.

The move "took the air" out of Pro Bowl defensive end Richard Seymour, who said Branch "embodied everything we wanted."
Nice quote ;) A holdout not getting his way took the air out of RS. LOL. I suspect Richard's success contributed to the Twig's departure.

Smart of Vrabs to say Meadowlands, keeps it to two teams. But I wonder if this is a bit of a back hand to Mangini for trying to woo players away, or getting things sticky in the Branch negotiations?
Great read, thanks for the link.

Great article. I just cross-posted it on all the AFCE rival USENET newsgroups for their fans' edification. :)

read it - really a very good article

that was a great article! Thanks for the post. I also liked Vinny's comments about what the Krafts do to go the extra yard as far as practice facilities and meals. though I have never thought it myself it goes to show that Kraft is not cheap at all and is more than willing for to spend the extra buck for his franchise.

the quality food at Foxboro must be good...italian chef ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back