Welcome to PatsFans.com

Great article on Moss/Pats

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by NE39, May 2, 2007.

1. NE39

NE39 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

From John Altavilla of the Hartford Courant.

Gets me very excited about Moss joining the team.

Love these quotes:

2. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

I agree, Moss isn't an egomanic like Terrell Owens, he seems to just make poor decisions when he is frustrated. I don't imagine the Pats losing too many games, so I am positive Moss will be a model citizen.
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +278 / 9 / -9

#24 Jersey

I have very little concern about Moss. So he's a bad loser - so am I - but I don't think we'll need to worry about that too much. He's very talented, works hard and is very competitive . . . where's the problem ?

As far as learning the offense, obviously he and Stallworth will need to do that but, it's not as much of a concern as last year because Moss and Stallworth can just win the physical matchup. Last year Caldwell and Gaffney (and Gabriel before him), had to work hard to get open and had to do it completely within the concept of the offense. Moss and Stallworth will still have to be in the right place, of course, but even as they're learning the details of the offense and getting in synch with Brady it will be far easier to work them into productive WR as they can simply beat CB with speed (both) and size (Moss). By the end of the season they'll be a fine tuned machinge, early in the season it'll be much easier to get them open than it was last year - also, of course, all the WR are here in May unlike last year when just Caldwell and Brown were.
  4. PatsFanSince74

PatsFanSince74 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +64 / 1 / -1

Hope he's right. My fear is that it's been so long since Moss put in the kind of offseason effort to play at a Patriots' level that he's forgotten how hard he's going to have to work to deliver on what he's been saying. Doubtless why the Patriots kept their options open until September.
  5. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

huh???? In 2005, he put up 60/1005 (close to 17 ypc). I'm sure he didn't go in out of shape to his new team then. Those are rather pedestrian numbers for him, but daaaaaaaym. We could use production like that this year. He'll be jacked to play here and usually a change of scenery is GREAT for past malcontents. Hell, even TO wasn't that bad in his first year at Philly. He'll be fine. Not sure I'd want him long term, but it looks like the FO wasn't either. His offseason work will be fine, I'm sure.
    Last edited: May 2, 2007
  6. patfanken

patfanken On the Roster

Ratings:
    +279 / 14 / -9

#91 Jersey

That really is the critical insight when it comes to Randy Moss and his past "bad behavior". From all reports he has NEVER been a bad teammate. From all reports he is a FIERCE competitor. I believe that since he's been in the league EVERY misstep he's made was because he is immature (mooning Packer fans) or as a bad reaction to losing (walking off the field with a few seconds left on the clock).

That is why I am so hopeful that Randy will do well here. As I have mentioned before, he is a great player, but a FOLLOWER. He has gotten into trouble when he's been put in situations of leadership. Here he won't have to worry. I have heard a couple of times, that Randy needs structure. Well, here the staff is not only very structured, but the lockerroom will be too. It will allow Randy to be Randy, as long as he is working hard and adhering to the TEAM concepts already established.

OF course this move helps improve the Patriots at WR, but IMHO, the Patriots will do more to help Randy Moss resurrect career and reputation, than Randy will ultimately help the Pats (he is JUST a WR ya know. ;) ) This was perhaps the best decision HE has made in the last 10 years.
  7. mtbykr

mtbykr Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0