PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great article on Dean Pees in the Herald

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaBruinz

Pats, B's, Sox
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
as long as it doesn't take him 8 games to let the dogs loose, like Mangini did, I got no problem with Pees...I thought he would have made a fine DC LAST YEAR

Thanx, Bruinz.

Another candidate for ... The Eventual Replacement.

I think Pees actually sounds like he'll be a better DC than Mangini. Glad they promoted him.

Joker said:
as long as it doesn't take him 8 games to let the dogs loose, like Mangini did, I got no problem with Pees...I thought he would have made a fine DC LAST YEAR
Mangini is gone, but he did just fine for a rookie DC. Be glad he's in a disfunctional organization, they will probably make him take a RB with pick number four instead of a defensive anchor like Ngata or a LT like Fergeson.

I definitely get the feeling the players respect Pees more than they did Mangini... not to say they DIDN'T respect Mangini.

One question.........

DaBruinz said:
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=122399&format=&page=4

Seems that he is just the type of coach that BB likes. One who isn't afraid to speak up or challenge the normal train of thought. Seems, besides helping Vrabel to adjust to ILB, Pees (besides suggesting the Pats sign Hawkins) also was the one behind moving Hawkins to Safety and helping Hawkins make the adjustment.

If Saban was SO high on Pees and he "was the first guy that he went after" when he became a HC in college......WHY didn't he go after him HARD when he needed a DC in Miami? Food for thought.........(Maybe he felt Capers was the better choice?)

stcjones said:
If Saban was SO high on Pees and he "was the first guy that he went after" when he became a HC in college......WHY didn't he go after him HARD when he needed a DC in Miami? Food for thought.........(Maybe he felt Capers was the better choice?)
Saban asked for permission to talk to Pees this time last year but Belichick denied the request.

BelichickFan said:
Saban asked for permission to talk to Pees this time last year but Belichick denied the request.

... in other words Saban can't take Pees without first getting permission from Belichick

that's gotta be humbling!

I like this ...

"when Mangini left Tuesday for the Jets’ head coaching job, it’s fair to say only the most ardent Patriots fan could have named the team’s linebackers coach".

Thanks for the compliment! Also, Lou Holtz refers to BB as "Billy Belichick". I think that's a first -- somehow he doesn't strike me as a "Billy". Maybe if you'd known him 40 years ago.

Mike the Brit said:
Also, Lou Holtz refers to BB as "Billy Belichick". I think that's a first -- somehow he doesn't strike me as a "Billy". Maybe if you'd known him 40 years ago.
You can actually see him referred to as Billy a lot from people who knew him when he was a little 9 or 10 year old runt following his Dad around. Before the Denver game I read an article with some quote from one of his Dad's former assistants talking about how he can't believe that little Billy Belichick is now Hall of Famer in Waiting Bill Belichick.

The title to this thread just made me laugh. I just pictured some guy peeing on a newspaper along a sidewalk somewhere. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes