PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great Article from Don Banks at CNNSI...Enjoy!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The dominant Patriots are the title favorites -- and it's not even close

You aint the only one.I hate all these articles.I rather see this team fly under the radar.TB has looked too perfect.:(

I agree it's more fun to play the underdog role. But then again the Pats have finally earned respect for what they've done out on the field. So you can't really have it both ways. If you're playing that awesome, people will take notice. I want to see the Pats keep playing great. So if accolades come along the way, just graciously ignore them like Brady and BB does and repeat - "Nothing's been accomplished yet. This team hasn't gotten done what it has set out to do."

But as a fan, it is DAMN FUN watching them doing what they're doing and they way they're doing it in dominating fashion! Pats are making it pretty clear that they are the team to beat. But from their mindset, they're just trying to beat every team they face from week to week. There's a big difference in mentality for the Pats from over in the Meadowlands. Don't crow about it. Just do your talking with your play on the field.

Last edited:

I'm like Belichick and Brady, I feel like they haven't accomplished sh*t. One game at a time. The two highest scoring offenses of all time didn't win the SB. Two romps in a row in weeks 12 and 13 don't win the Lombardi. One week at a time.

Dunno how i'd feel about this if i was an atlanta fan... they do have the same record as us... just trying to keep it grounded

By Don Banks

Great read but these articles make me nervous

Not just these articles; how many Super Bowl threads do we have on the board today? All in good fun; it's comforting knowing the team's motto is "don't believe the hype."

Damn....

We are 3-2 in superbowls we had no shot at winning; and 0-1 in SB we had no shot at losing.

Can't the mediots find something nice to say about Atlanta?

Don't fall for all the hype...look real closely at this team and you will see greater vulnerabilities than the 2007 Patriots team had and that team fell to a wild card team when it counted most. I like our chances but this year's SB race is wide open.

If Tom and the offense were to be held to 14 points (like SB 42) could this defense hold the other team to less than 14 points?

If Tom and the offense were to be held to 14 points (like SB 42) could this defense hold the other team to less than 14 points?

This defense has given less than 14 points in each of their last two game. Heck they have given up less than 14 point combined in their last two games. So yeah.

You aint the only one.I hate all these articles.I rather see this team fly under the radar.TB has looked too perfect.:(

this, I hate the spotlight.

It's the price that's paid with big wins while having the bestest QB and HC in the NFL. Respect is nice, but, yeah, I like being the underdog better. Maybe some of the mediots can attribute it all to spygate, just to put another chip on their shoulders? :D

Last edited:

This defense has given less than 14 points in each of their last two game. Heck they have given up less than 14 point combined in their last two games. So yeah.

Well it is nice to see an improvement from the D, it's not like these last two are offensive juggernauts. Well, the Bears O has been pretty good lately, but their offense was really hindered by the weather since they have a vertical passing attack. I really worry about the Pats playing a talented offensive team like the Saints, or a team like the Falcons who have a good passing and rushing offense.

How can you hate the feared juggernaut role? IF any team is familiar with it, it's this team.

Man the national media is pouring on the love. Of course the magazines and papers were writing all sorts of great things about us before that Cleveland game.

It is nice to get a little respect but I agree with Brady, this team hasn't done anything yet. 11-2 is nice for some teams, but for this one, we've got bigger goals to tackle. :D

Damn....

We are 3-2 in superbowls we had no shot at winning; and 0-1 in SB we had no shot at losing.

Can't the mediots find something nice to say about Atlanta?

We had no shot at beating Carolina and Philly? Really?

It's funny cause yesterday at working during the game, I can't tell you how many people looked at me and said "I hate your effin team."

For those who have the "guarded optimism" surrounding this team, I guess it's to be expected after winning every game and then losing the ONLY one that matters.

I get the feeling that we're all going to feel a little gun-shy about every big game until this team/organization wins another super bowl. I think that's just the way it's going to be. No one wants that feeling again.

We had no shot at beating Carolina and Philly? Really?

LOL, I know, I remember it waaaay differently.

I think we kind of have to decide. This is a high profile franchise, whether we like it or not. To fly "under the radar" now, that means we have to be playing average ball. But everyone flips out if we don't play absolutely perfectly in the game threads. So do we want to play really well or do we want to fly under the radar? Can't have it both ways anymore. It's the price of being fans of this franchise.

Last edited:
I get the feeling that we're all going to feel a little gun-shy about every big game until this team/organization wins another super bowl. I think that's just the way it's going to be. No one wants that feeling again.

I would guess that this is pretty true, whether people want to admit it or not. Pats fans know the hard way that a good record, even the best possible record, doesn't mean squat until 0:00 of the 4th quarter of the Super Bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes