PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Great article by Bayless: Michael Jordan Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
his points may be true ,but no one is going to care since he is one of the biggest fools on espn, and thats saying something

Just read that.

The only problem I have is putting 55% of blame on Brady for the Welker drop. He put it right on the money between two defensive players so welker wouldnt get decked. Welker, for some odd reason, stopped running too. That play (as well as Tyree's catch) will hunt me forever until (if) we win another super bowl.

Good article. I would add his leadership in keeping the fire under asses of young receivers when their offense was pitiful early in the season. Brady even looked bad after a while, but they won games and the young receivers knew they had to keep focused until they got better, the leader gave the no choice.

Brady knew he could and would work out of it too, that's a winner.

Just read that.

The only problem I have is putting 55% of blame on Brady for the Welker drop. He put it right on the money between two defensive players so welker wouldnt get decked. Welker, for some odd reason, stopped running too. That play (as well as Tyree's catch) will hunt me forever until (if) we win another super bowl.

He didn't put it on the money at all. But, that said, it was a catchable ball that hit Welker in the hands so the blame should be on Welker for that one. As for the article, it could include GIF images of Bayless literally kissing Brady's ass and I wouldn't read it. Guy is a clown.

Just read that.

The only problem I have is putting 55% of blame on Brady for the Welker drop. He put it right on the money between two defensive players so welker wouldnt get decked.

And where off..

0xPGF.gif

As long as Tom is on the field, we have a chance. Time for Tom to really go into overdrive and guide this team to the SB.

Had a hard time reading the comments below it. Just for the haters, they should realize 3 things:

1. The Patriots did not have video on Carolina prior to the Super Bowl
2. The vaunted Patriots D gave up 29 points in 31 minutes to Carolina
3. Adam Vinatieri missed two short field goals
4. Brady threw for between 300-350 yards that game, one of the top 5 performances of all time.

More:
5. Brady tied Brees' consecutive completion record in the last Super Bowl against the Giants, and had the Patriots moving after the horrific start with the safety and Giants dominating the Pats D.
6. Matt Cassell won 7 fewer games in the 2008 season than Brady had the previous year.
7. He played only a few playoff teams, whereas Brady played the majority of games against playoff teams.
8. Cassell went on the post better stats for KC and made it to the Pro Bowl.

As long as Tom is on the field, we have a chance. Time for Tom to really go into overdrive and guide this team to the SB.

He's going to need help in at least one game. If Talib is truly getting his "bounce" back, then that's the best news that Patriots fans could possibly get at this time of the year. That means he will once again be capable of shutting down the other team's best receiver, which essentially takes away one hold side of the field. Couple that with Dennard and Arrington getting better (which is possible if we get the bye), and you have a secondary that is suddenly competent once again. The team then needs to get the pass rush and red zone issues figured out, but Talib getting his "bounce" back is a major, major step in the right direction.

He's going to need help in at least one game. If Talib is truly getting his "bounce" back, then that's the best news that Patriots fans could possibly get at this time of the year. That means he will once again be capable of shutting down the other team's best receiver, which essentially takes away one hold side of the field. Couple that with Dennard and Arrington getting better (which is possible if we get the bye), and you have a secondary that is suddenly competent once again. The team then needs to get the pass rush and red zone issues figured out, but Talib getting his "bounce" back is a major, major step in the right direction.

Dude I am hoping the pieces start falling into place again.

Dude I am hoping the pieces start falling into place again.

Well, Talib might be the first domino to fall. If he's completely healthy, he's legitimately capable of completely shutting down the other team's best receiver. Dennard, when healthy, is one of the more solid CB2's in the NFL and Arrington is a solid slot receiver. If healthy, that's as good of a CB trio that you'll see. Problem is they haven't been healthy. So if Talib isn't just blowing smoke up our asses, the fact that he's rounding into form is a HUGE, HUGE deal moving forward.

EDIT: You should also take into account that having an amazing playoff run would be Talib's last chance to showcase himself for that huge contract he wants in the offseason, since he hasn't looked right since New Orleans came to town.

I like Skip Bayless, I feel he is usually pretty good with his evaluations of various players.

skip Bayless = Barf on the floor of a movie theater!

At first glance I thought maybe Giselle had another baby, but the article was pretty good. Remember, he's still got another 4 years left on his contract and he doesn't look like he's lost his edge.

Just read that.

The main issue was the ball's height off the ground, not which spot on the field it passed over. Welker is better at lateral adjustments than vertical ones.

Started off ok.. closed the article at first $#@gate reference.

I don't know why everyone hates on Skip so hard. He's a far cry from perfect but he's one of the few guys that pulls hard for the Patriots at ESPN.

I've heard far worse from other people at that network.

Because he is a ******* idiot

Why?
He pulls for the Patriots, which have been his SB pick for like the last 4 seasons in a row (and maybe earlier, that's when I saw). He gives Tom Brady his due, unlike a lot of other guys, like our very own Rodney Harrison who has come dangerously close to treason.

He likes and defends Romo (and I do as well).

etc, etc

What makes him an idiot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back