Welcome to PatsFans.com

Gravel (D-Alaska).....ummm I mean (L-Alaska)

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Holy Diver, Mar 26, 2008.

1. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

good for him! I like this man.

Democrat Gravel Switches Party Affiliation to Libertarian

http://www.rawstory.com/news/mochila/Democrat_Gravel_switches_to_Liberta_03262008.html

Long-shot presidential candidate Mike Gravel told supporters Wednesday he is leaving the Democratic Party to join the Libertarian Party.

Gravel, a former Democratic senator from Alaska, said in an e-mail that the Democratic Party "no longer represents my vision for our great country."

"It is a party that continues to sustain war, the military-industrial complex and imperialism — all of which I find anathema to my views," he said in the e-mail in which he also asked supporters for campaign donations.

Gravel, 77, has been excluded from recent Democratic debates because he failed to meet fundraising or polling thresholds.

"I look forward to advancing my presidential candidacy within the Libertarian Party, which is considerably closer to my values, my foreign policy views and my domestic views," he said.

2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +364 / 11 / -27

Reminds me of a funny story about Alaska, was there about 5 years ago.. stayed in a guest house with a guy who ran a small town. Was having breakfast with him and he told the following story.

A dealer rolled into town and started hanging around the high school selling drugs, the dealer wound up dead. About a month later the guy who ran the town ran into the coroner and he asked how the dealer died. The Coroner responded, he died. It was a closed case, no questions asked. Somethings are simpler than others.

3. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

Probably food poisoning.

//

4. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +524 / 6 / -2

I bet no one else shows up looking to sell drugs. ;)

5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

I guess this means one less Super Delegate